Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MD 3.94 cGPA, 3.93 sGPA, 37 MCAT. Finalizing school list.

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Tappinfool66, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Tappinfool66

Tappinfool66 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi everyone,

I posted here a few months ago when I was first creating my school list. Instead of copying/rewriting the old post, I'll just copy and paste the link for my last post:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...a-37-mcat-need-help-with-school-list.1059432/

I'm planning on applying the earliest day possible and I'm trying to finalize my school list. Here's what I have so far:

UCSF
    University of Pennsylvania (Perelman)
    Washington University in St. Louis
    Columbia
    University of Chicago (Pritzker)
    University of Michigan
    Vanderbilt
    Pitt
    NYU
    Mayo
    BU
    Ohio State
    University of Rochester
    Yeshiva University (Einstein)
    Georgetown
    Tufts
    Temple
    Jefferson
    Rush
    Drexel
    Penn State

I know I don't have any research and there are a handful of top schools on my list but I feel like there's a good number of mid tier schools too. What do you guys think? Is this too top heavy? Do you think I'll be okay with what I have? Should I make any changes? Thank you in advance - I appreciate any advice you guys have!

Last edited: 05.14.14
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. ThisCouldBeYou

ThisCouldBeYou

Pre-Medical
    I haven't read your other post, but without any research, you shouldn't bother with the research-focused med schools.

chemguy79 likes this.

About the ads