Here is my situation. It concerns the August MCAT and medical school applications. I know the April vs August thing has been debated over and over, but I am wondering if you would help me in my case. I have tried to prepare for this MCAT myself, and I have failed. I don't like failing anything, but I will admit that I over estimated my ability to do well on this exam. I am not ready to take it. My practice tests have ranged from 25-29, not even close to where i want to be. I am close, but there are about 10 points a section that I am missing when I shouldn't be. Easy stuff, just not familiar with the exam yet. For example: i don't know all the physics or chem formulas, i don't know my hormones, divisions of the nervous system, or digestive stuff. Little things that can be fixed with more time studying. Now is when you have to play the game with me. I am a biochem major, with a bio minor, I have a 3.95GPA and I am a member of my Div 1 baseball team. I was just recently named top biochem student in the school. I have shadowed doctors, work for a cranio facial pain doctor, done some volenteer work, tutored, coached kids, and I will be doing research this summer. From what I am tell, I am doing what is required to get into medical school. My problem is this, I know that I can get a 34 on the August MCAT. BUT It is going to push my application way back. I am set on attending UTSW in dallas for medschool(I called them and they said that they have a 33MCAT cutoff for outofstate students). Financialy, geographically and romantically (my girlfriend goes to law school in dallas) it is a perfect fit for me. The education is very good and I like the people involved. Is delaying my application going to hurt me so much that I should gamble and take the mcat this week (and get about a 29, which will NOT get me into my school) or should I wait, kill the august test and hope that my application delay will be offset by the rest of my overall application. Will applying late, (not applying late, i will still submit my app asap, but they will have to wait for my mcat score) hurt me so much that I will have no chnace?