3.95 sGPA, 3.97 cGPA, 516 MCAT; Special situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halcyon32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You've got some state schools that I think may be low yield for you, unless you have ties to these states. I would consider replacing these with other private schools that are friendly to international applicants.

Rutgers NJ, Rutgers RWJ, SUNY upstate, U. Colorado, U. Connecticut, U. Kentucky, U of Louisville, U of New Mexico, U of NC Chapel Hill, U of Utah, West Virginia

You've got some state schools that I think may be low yield for you, unless you have ties to these states. I would consider replacing these with other private schools that are friendly to international applicants.

Rutgers NJ, Rutgers RWJ, SUNY upstate, U. Colorado, U. Connecticut, U. Kentucky, U of Louisville, U of New Mexico, U of NC Chapel Hill, U of Utah, West Virginia
All the schools I have listed are all the schools in America that consider international applicants period. So, I can't really replace with more private schools. Do you think I should just scrap those state schools altogether?

Members don't see this ad :)
All the schools I have listed are all the schools in America that consider international applicants period. So, I can't really replace with more private schools. Do you think I should just scrap those state schools altogether?

Ah okay I see, for some reason I thought there were more private schools that took international applicants. If there are no other private schools you can apply to, then I would just apply to the full list to increase your chances.

Ah okay I see, for some reason I thought there were more private schools that took international applicants. If there are no other private schools you can apply to, then I would just apply to the full list to increase your chances.
Many of the schools on OP's list are of no value to him.
They have either matriculated no internationals or only internal candidates (e.g. UCD, Baylor...).
He needs to go to the acceptance data (in MSAR) and eliminate the schools that have matriculated less than 3 internationals. At least then, he is not wasting thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours.

Reactions: 1 users
This is going to be random, but I think McGill accepts non-Canadians? You could add that as a non-US option? (and whichever other Canadian schools would take non PR internationals)

Many of the schools on OP's list are of no value to him.
They have either matriculated no internationals or only internal candidates (e.g. UCD, Baylor...).
He needs to go to the acceptance data (in MSAR) and eliminate the schools that have matriculated less than 3 internationals. At least then, he is not wasting thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours.
Yeah, I was debating whether or not to include those schools with a measly amount of international matriculants. Thanks for the heads up. Do you think I should add a couple of DO schools?

Yeah, I was debating whether or not to include those schools with a measly amount of international matriculants. Thanks for the heads up. Do you think I should add a couple of DO schools?
I think you will be ok with a focused MD list.

Reactions: 1 user