3.961 sgpa 3.964cgpa 33 Mcat help me with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medic458

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am NJ resident with 400 hours of ED volunteering, Computer tutor at my local library for a semester,
did shadowing for 90 hours, and volunteer at a rescue squad with EMTs for about 1 month 50 hours(ongoing)
No research as of yet but I have found one for fall 2015 semester I can mention that in my secondary essay if required
What are my chances of getting into one of low or med tier schools?
help me with some of the school please!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll need a lot more clinical volunteering, but keep on what you're doing. You should also get in some non-clinical volunteering. You need to show off your altruism and humanism.

Your stats are nicely competitive for decent schools, like, say, SLU, Jefferson, Einstein, U Miami...etc.

Thanks Goro I am continuing my volunteering

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone suggest a list of school I should apply to with my current stats and ECs please

Can anyone suggest a list of school I should apply to with my current stats and ECs please
We prefer that you give us a thoughtful list from which to begin.
Start with state schools and regional private schools that share your interests and have median stats close to yours.

OK I have thought of these ones so far
Albany
Einstein
Rosalind Franklin
Cooper in state school
Rutgers njms in state school
Rutgers robertwood in state school
Drexel
Temple
Eastern Virginia
Quinnipiac
Giesel Dartmouth
George Washington
Hofstra
Howard
Loyola
Marshall wv
Musc Charleston
Meharry
Nymc
Oakland Michigan
Penn state Hershey
Rush
Sidney Kimmel
Commonwealth medical college
Brown
UNC
Rochester NY
Uni of Wisconsin
Virginia commonwealth
West Virginia uni morgantown

Do these sound excessive to apply to? Are all these in my reach

I am worried about my ECs are they too low for these schools that I mentioned

I am worried about my ECs are they too low for these schools that I mentioned
You have plenty of schools that might interview you on the list you posted.

Start by deleting the HBCU'S (Howard, Meharry) and the public schools with relatively small OOS matriculation (U of WI, MUSC). Your EC's are not going to stand out at research powerhouses like UNC (or even Rochester). Your MCAT is the 10th% for NYU without the EC's that might mitigate.
Dartmouth is an EC heavy school, as is Brown (besides having relatively few available spots after special programs fill). GW gets over 14,000 applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have a good application stats and activity wise - you can mention some hobby, sport, or artistic endeavor on your application too. You have a good shot for the 2 Rutgers schools.

Here are some schools you should look into:

Rutgers NJMS
Rutgers RWJ
Cooper
Temple
Jefferson
Drexel
TCMC
Penn State
Einstein
Rochester
NYMC
Hofstra
Albany
BU
Tufts
Cincinnati
St. Louis
Vermont
Miami
EVMS
VCU
Rush
Loyola

You'll need a lot more clinical volunteering, but keep on what you're doing. You should also get in some non-clinical volunteering. You need to show off your altruism and humanism.

Your stats are nicely competitive for decent schools, like, say, SLU, Jefferson, Einstein, U Miami...etc.

He has 400 hrs of ED volunteering...isn't that more than enough?

He's talking about non-clinical volunteerism.

Maybe he mistyped but he says "you'll need a lot more clinical volunteering".

Reactions: 1 user
guys I am also gonna put expected hours in total hours so my clinical volunteering will add upto 500-600 till june 2016
Also my ems volunteering will add up 600 hours till june 2016
Will that improve my chances at these schools?

guys I am also gonna put expected hours in total hours so my clinical volunteering will add upto 500-600 till june 2016
Also my ems volunteering will add up 600 hours till june 2016
Will that improve my chances at these schools?

Sure, more is always good. But your clinical experience is already great, you already have a good chance at a lot of schools, especially the jersey ones. If you pick 15-20 from my list + whatever else you want, you will be good to go.

Last edited: