3.97 cGPA, 3.92 sGPA, 30 MCAT, Florida applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HotHamH2O

Turn on the fire hose and open wide!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Clinical Work (paid): pre-hospital emergency ambulance transport, emergency room technician working with MD's and DO's (assisting docs directly with procedures and taking orders from); 6 years total experience

Volunteer: volunteer fire fighter/emt, soup kitchens, and church ministries; 1000+ hours total

Physician Shadowing: DO and MD shadowing; 32 hrs total

Research: clinical research with my hospitals education department developing a discharge tool to reduce the rate of re-admittance on patients who received inpatient abd surgeries; 1 year with an abstract submitted for review to be published

My first MCAT was a (7/9/8) 24. My second attempt being the most current was a (9/12/9) 30. Looking at state MD schools. I have already received a DO acceptance that I am actually very pleased with but still interested in what chances I have as an MD applicant here in Florida. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

are you already verified for MD? that may help with the advice...

If you are verified, you still are in the game. If not, you're secretly handicap.

Verified with secondaries already received. Some of them are complete some of them are not.