3.97 GPA 511 MCAT School List review, please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amar Cheema

Reaction score
Academic record: 2021 Graduation from UCD

Cumulative GPA: 3.98 overall (took dual enrollment courses and did some prereqs at CC but most of my science prereqs were at my 4-year college. )

Science GPA: 3.97

MCAT Scores: 511

Country/state of residence: US citizen, CA born/raised(NorCal)

Social background: Mixed male, first-gen, FAP applicant since low SES

My hours listed below include hours that are projected into future, so what I listed around:

Research: 2 research internships for 1000 hours. Clinical Pub Submission, 2 research posters

Volunteering (clinical): 700 hours between 3 different clinics/hospice

Physician shadowing: 150 hours of surgical shadowing

Non-clinical volunteering: 300 hours as board community service-based club

Employment history: Liquor Store Clerk lol(300 hours)

Immediate family members in medicine?: Some family is CNA/LVN

Interest in rural health (y/n): Y

Schools to which I am applying: I am trying to have a wide reach but hoping to have time to write secondaries almost full time(saved up money for this app cycle). Please freely cut any if needed and if possible would really appreciate if someone could let me know some of the low yield schools on my list for my stats, as I am free to cut a decent number of schools, but hoping to still have around atleast 50-55.

1Albany College of Medicine
2Kaiser Permanente School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
3California University of Science and Medicine-School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
4Central Michigan University College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
5Albert Einstein College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
6California Northstate University College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
7Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic UniversityNeitherNo notes added by user
8Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & ScienceNeitherNo notes added by user
9Cooper Medical School of Rowan UniversityNeitherNo notes added by user
10Creighton University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
11Drexel University College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
12Eastern Virginia Medical SchoolNeitherNo notes added by user
13Emory University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
14Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
15Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac UniversityNeitherNo notes added by user
16Geisinger Commonwealth School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
17George Washington University School of Medicine and Health SciencesNeitherNo notes added by user
18Georgetown University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
19Howard University College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
20Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple UniversityNeitherNo notes added by user
21Loma Linda University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
22Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
23Medical College of WisconsinNeitherNo notes added by user
24Meharry Medical CollegeNeitherNo notes added by user
25Michigan State University College of Human MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
26Morehouse School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
27New York Medical CollegeNeitherNo notes added by user
28Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
29Oakland University William Beaumont School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
30Oregon Health & Science University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
31Pennsylvania State University College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
32University of Vermont College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
33Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical CenterNeitherNo notes added by user
34Rutgers, Robert Wood Johnson Medical SchoolNeitherNo notes added by user
35Saint Louis University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
36Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson UniversityNeitherNo notes added by user
37State University of New York Upstate Medical UniversityNeitherNo notes added by user
38TCU and UNTHSC School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
39The University of Toledo College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
40Tufts University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
41Tulane University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
42Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
43University of Arizona College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
44University of Arizona College of Medicine - PhoenixNeitherNo notes added by user
45University of California, Davis, School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
46University of Central Florida College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
47University of Colorado School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
48University of Connecticut School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
49University of Illinois College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
50University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
51University of Louisville School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
52University of Maryland School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
53University of Massachusetts Medical SchoolNeitherNo notes added by user
54University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
55University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health SciencesNeitherNo notes added by user
56University of South Carolina School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
57University of South Carolina School of Medicine GreenvilleNeitherNo notes added by user
58University of Utah School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
59University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public HealthNeitherNo notes added by user
60Virginia Commonwealth University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
61Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical CenterNeitherNo notes added by user
62Wayne State University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
63Wright State University Boonshoft School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
64Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern CaliforniaNeitherNo notes added by user
65University of California, Irvine, School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
66University of California, Los Angeles David Geffen School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
67University of California, San Diego School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
68University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

You have many state public schools that accept few non residents with your MCAT of 511 and no connection to the state. I suggest these schools from your list:
Albany
Kaiser
California University
Albert Einstein
Florida Atlantic
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Drexel
Eastern Virginia
Florida International
Quinnipiac
George Washington
Georgetown
Temple
Loma Linda (do you fit their mission)
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
New York Medical College
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Penn State
Vermont
Rush
St. Louis
Jefferson
TCU-UNT
Tufts
Tulane
Central Florida
UC Davis
U Colorado
U Illinois
U Iowa
Miami
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest
Wayne State
USC Keck
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
UC Irvine

You have many state public schools that accept few non residents with your MCAT of 511 and no connection to the state. I suggest these schools from your list:
Albany
Kaiser
California University
Albert Einstein
Florida Atlantic
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Drexel
Eastern Virginia
Florida International
Quinnipiac
George Washington
Georgetown
Temple
Loma Linda (do you fit their mission)
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
New York Medical College
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Penn State
Vermont
Rush
St. Louis
Jefferson
TCU-UNT
Tufts
Tulane
Central Florida
UC Davis
U Colorado
U Illinois
U Iowa
Miami
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest
Wayne State
USC Keck
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
UC Irvine
Oh okay thank you very much for the reply. Also do you know the general rule of thumb to decide whether a school has an instate bias like you were suggesting from MSAR. Because I believe that all the schools I had in the original list were all schools with atleast 20%+ of their class being OOS in according with MSAR matriculation data. Thank you again for being very thoughtful and kind enough to help me in this process as being first in my family to pursue medicine I value all the guidance I can receive.

You should look at the percentage of OOS applicants interviewed. For example, U Arizona Tucson interviews only 2.9% of non residents. You should also be aware that many non residents interviewed have connections to the school or state. They attended undergraduate school in the state, are legacies, former residents, URM that the school is seeking, veterans etc. .

Reactions: 1 user