3.99/517/TX - School List Help Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemist1999

Reaction score
Hi!
This is my first time posting on SDN, and I'd appreciate any advice on my school list for EY 2022. Any advice on out of state "safety" schools would be amazing! Here's some info about my app:
State: TX
Age/gender: 21/F
GPA: 3.99
MCAT: 517
Not particularly strong ECs/activities:
-225 hours clinical experience -- volunteered as a first aid responder in ambulances abroad
-About 100 hours shadowing in total -- 25 hrs in spring of 2019, 75 hrs summer 2021
-Starting a medical scribe position summer 2021
-Worked in biology/chemistry lab for two semesters (cut short by COVID); listed as an author on a paper published by the lab
-Started a pre-health club at my university
-In a liberal arts honors program - for my thesis I will be writing a collection of short stories
Academics:
-I am double majoring in chemistry and in a liberal arts honors program
Where I'm already applying:
-I'm applying to all of the TX med schools (DO and MD)
-Little lost on where to apply out of state - I have some times to NY and CA as I have family there, but other than that I have no particular ties to any other state. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any clinical experience hours in this country ?
I start a medical scribe position in August, and will have about 800 hours between August 2021 to May 2022. Besides TX schools, where else would you recommend applying?

I start a medical scribe position in August, and will have about 800 hours between August 2021 to May 2022. Besides TX schools, where else would you recommend applying?
OOS MD schools interview few Texas applicants since they know from years of experience that Texas applicants will attend a Texas school. Exceptions are legacies, URM, those who attended undergraduate school in the state or high stat applicants. You are a high stat applicant but your lack of clinical exposure hours in this country limit your chances for interviews at OOS MD schools. You could try some of the newer schools and Tulane. For the newer schools I suggest these:
California University
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Seton Hall
Quinnipiac