• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

3 Institutional Actions...am I screwed?

Zaids37

Jul 7, 2013
  1. Pre-Medical
    All three happened freshman year (5 years ago). #1 drinking too much (got sick). Hadnt drank until college so didnt know my limits. #2 was at a "disruptive gathering" with alcohol present, I wasnt drinking I was just there, the report says the same. #3 I moved a wet floor sign and orange cone into my room and got written up for that. My freshman year I also had a tough time acclimating and found myself hanging with a bad group of people. I'm assuming the section to report this is the one that states "Have you ever been disciplined for student conduct violations (e.g. academic probation, dismissal, suspension, disqualification, etc.) by any college or school?" correct? Even though none of these resulted in any of those listed I still have to disclose right?

Do I still have a chance or is this auto-screening for me :( 3.5 cGPA, 3.4sGPA 26 MCAT if that matters

keels99

5+ Year Member
    Jan 20, 2014
    1. Medical Student
      If it makes you feel better, a sibling of mine actually got dismissed his freshman year of college (acted like a total idiot.) He cleaned up his act and got into pharmacy school no problem. People make mistakes. I think it looks better that all of these occurred several years ago instead of your senior year.

About the Ads

Zaids37

Jul 7, 2013
      1. Pre-Medical
        Thanks guys I feel a bit better. I really was a different person back then...

Any suggestions on how to format it. I was gonna list it 1) 2) and 3) and explain but I feel like that makes it look worse haha maybe I'm over thinking.

WalkingCorpse

Jul 5, 2014
          I had a #1 in college. Didn't prevent me from getting into medical school. #3 made me chuckle, we used to do things like that daily when we were freshmen. Ah, to be young and carefree again.. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about these things.

If it were me, I wouldn't list them #1,2,3 since that highlights that there were 3 incidents, in my opinion. I would just write a quick and to the point paragraph explaining the incidents.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.