3 months for 2nd DAT, is it exact 90 days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that DAT retake should wait for 3 months from the previous DAT.

Does that mean I should wait exactly 90 days or how does it work?

I am going to apply for the next cycle and haven't taken DAT yet.

Taking it once and doing well is always the best option but I also have to think about "what if I don't do well" option.

so What I am planning to do is taking it twice between Jan 2009~August 2009
because I heard that the last day to take DAT is on August.

I would like to know
1. exactly what day on August is the last day to take DAT,
2. when I should take the 1st DAT so that I can plan on retaking it on August.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that DAT retake should wait for 3 months from the previous DAT.

Does that mean I should wait exactly 90 days or how does it work?

I am going to apply for the next cycle and haven't taken DAT yet.

Taking it once and doing well is always the best option but I also have to think about "what if I don't do well" option.

so What I am planning to do is taking it twice between Jan 2009~August 2009
because I heard that the last day to take DAT is on August.

I would like to know
1. exactly what day on August is the last day to take DAT,
2. when I should take the 1st DAT so that I can plan on retaking it on August.

Thanks in advance.
If you take in in January and don't do well plan to retake in the beginning of August. There is no "deadline" to retake. The deadline is the school's application deadline to which you are applying to. Most are Dec-Jan 30th. But that of course would be too late, since most people have their scores in before September. However, many people do take for the first time and also do retakes in November and even December, so plan on August but there is no deadline.
To retake you have to wait 90+ days, so you can retake anytime after 90 days are up
good luck!

But there are many people who had interviews and got accepted on Dec 1st so I think it's safe to follow the earliest deadline :)

But there are many people who had interviews and got accepted on Dec 1st so I think it's safe to follow the earliest deadline :)
Definately! If I was you, I'd take in end April-beg May that way you will have more time to study, as opposed to January (unless you feel super ready which doesn't sound like it). And by that time you should get a good score (if you spend every day from now on reviewing studying at least 3 hrs/day. And if you dont get the score you want, you will have time to retake late July-early August