3 weeks of studying!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akeurogh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Okay so I'm planning on taking my test on april 9! I took it over the summer and i didn't do so well (14 on qr :(). But I wanted to know your input if its possible to get a 21+ with only 3 weeks of work. I tried studying throughout the quarter, but it wasn't enough. I am planning on putting 9+ hours a day till april 9th.

My weakest areas are qr and rc. I'm pretty familiar with my bio and my gchem, while I need to brush up on my ochem.

I actually took a CDP Test yesterday and got a 21.

What do you guys think of this schedule?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh and I'm using the materials recommended on this site. Like Kaplan, Destroyer, and Cliffs.

3 weeks is short. because you need to put some time into doing practice tests! if I didn't do them, my score would probably be 2 or 3 less than what it is. Maybe just try to focus on the areas you did bad in. Like if it's math, buy math destroyer, if it's PAT, just keep on doing CDP EVERY SINGLE DAY. i can't stress enough the importance of practice tests though.

ps: i have math destroyer if u wanna buy. pm me. good luck!

3 weeks is doable if you are serious about it. Since you've taken it before, you should know roughly where you need to be before you take the exam. I studied mostly 3 weeks before the exam and i was able to do pretty well.

I had to balance school and DAT studying so i only managed to get about 5-6 hrs a day in to study. If you can get 9 a day for 3 weeks, that's more than enough. Just study with a purpose. Good luck !

Members don't see this ad :)
3 weeks is doable if you are serious about it. Since you've taken it before, you should know roughly where you need to be before you take the exam. I studied mostly 3 weeks before the exam and i was able to do pretty well.

I had to balance school and DAT studying so i only managed to get about 5-6 hrs a day in to study. If you can get 9 a day for 3 weeks, that's more than enough. Just study with a purpose. Good luck !

yeah thanks dude. Its really hard for me to balance DAT with school. I've taken it before and got a 20 on my sciences, but I bombed qr. I'm studying now and its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than the first time. It's a lot less time consuming and the material goes by a lot quicker. Hopefully I can pull it off.

3 weeks of 9hrs/day should be enough.

Just don't 'waste' time on the stuff you already know. When I studied for my DAT I probably studied OChem for a total of 15 hours in the month I studied because I already knew it so well and I'm glad I didn't spend more time on it bc it was my best science section score when I took my DAT. Use the time you have to improve what you're bad on, you don't need to give every section the same amount of attention and that is the key to doing well in a short amount of time.

thanks for the input guys... but do you think is necessary just do to do practice tests the last week? or should i spread them out throughout the 3 weeks that im studying?