3 weeks til test date. Just scored a 25 on AAMC 3.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zona Pellucida

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have done 2 full lengths before this:

Kaplan 1: 33
Kaplan 2: 34

AAMC 3: 25

Awesome. Now I am freaking out when I wasn't before.

PS: 7
VR: 9
BS: 9

VR is way below my EK 101 average which has been 10-13 with me scoring on the upper end of that the past few weeks.

BS I know all of my biology. Basically, orgo killed me so I know where to focus there.

PS I was surprised was that low. It is normally my weakest area but not THAT bad. (Got 10 and 11 on Kaplan)

Will I have enough time to focus on all of this?

I have been studying since Fall Semester ended in early December.

School just ended and I have every day virtually free until the test from when I wake up til' I go to bed.

Members don't see this ad.

hmmm, i got a 32 on that test and a 25 on kaplan 1, no joke (although i had like 3 months in between) i wouldn't worry about aamc 3 but i would about 7,8,9,10. Take one of those tomorrow or so and post ur score I bet you'll do at least 5 points better.

No worries. AAMC curve takes getting used to. Focus on your trouble areas and do NOT get discouraged. I was in a very very similar position to you. Studied since October, took my first AAMC in February, got a 27 after getting a 35 on Kaplan. Take more AAMCs, it will help eliminate small errors.

Good news for you, orgo has MUCH less emphasis on recent MCATs relative to the AAMCs which are from years ago. Just to give you an idea on how much it is NOT emphasized, on my actual MCAT I had NO orgo passages. ZERO. I had 4-5 orgo discretes to be fair, but if that's the extent of the orgo, you're in good shape.

Focus on your weak areas, take a test MWF and review your tests and content on the days in between. Do this for the next three weeks, finishing up with mostly AAMC tests, and you will be in excellent shape! Feel free to PM me if you need anything else at all.

Thanks for the replies!

I'm also hoping I was a little fried as I had finals week and took this the next day after my last final. The weird thing it was it felt like I wasn't really doing that bad while taking it. I guess I will keep my date then... off to go psycho for the next 3 weeks CYA!

Members don't see this ad :)
EXACTLY. It's the crazy scale. Just keep working on them and it will improve!

Just finished AAMC 4 and got a 34.

Ummm okay? PS is usually my weakest and I just had a 9 point jump from 2 days ago.

This fluctuation is making me uncomfortable but as long as I keep it towards the upper side from now until the test I guess I will be happy.