3-year HPSP Scholarship Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slee8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just had a question regarding the 3-year HPSP scholarships. I've been really busy lately and I didn't have time to contact recruiters, so I figured I'd ask here first.

I'm going to be starting dental school this coming Fall and I was really on the fence about the HPSP scholarship, so I ended up not applying for the 4-year program when I was applying for dental schools. However, I changed my mind and I know it's too late for the 4-year, but I'm still interested in the 3-year program. I contacted an Army recruiter ~a month ago but she told me that the Army is no longer handing out the 3-year scholarships. My question is, do the Navy and Air Force still hand out 3-year scholarships? Also, what are my chances of getting the scholarship? My GPA is around 3.5-3.6 with 26AA on the DAT, but I do not have any military background.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

My question is, do the Navy and Air Force still hand out 3-year scholarships?

Yes.

Also, what are my chances of getting the scholarship?

Depends on the applicant pool each year. Also GPA/DAT are not enough to go off off. Your interview scores, extracurriculars, motivational statement, etc. are quite important.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes.

Depends on the applicant pool each year. Also GPA/DAT are not enough to go off off. Your interview scores, extracurriculars, motivational statement, etc. are quite important.

Okay got it, I guess I should contact a recruiter ASAP. Thanks for the quick response!

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay got it, I guess I should contact a recruiter ASAP. Thanks for the quick response!

Best of luck :)

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the app process!

from a recruiter, last year 3 years were reserved for waitlisted 4 years for navy but not sure if this year is different

from a recruiter, last year 3 years were reserved for waitlisted 4 years for navy but not sure if this year is different

Ah okay.. I'll check with a recruiter just to make sure, but thanks for the info!

the air force does have a 3 year scholarship (I believe due late July) and are you sure there is no more 3 year scholarships for Army? I would double check maybe with another recruiter, because that scholarship wouldn't be due until December I think.

Hm...okay yeah I'll double check with another recruiter.