3 year old MCAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adi Prasad

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello people,
I have a situation that I need some advice on. I am waitlisted now and am making my back up plans. I am definitely not going to apply this summer because my credentials have not changed.
I will apply the summer of 2003 to enter in the fall of 2004. The only snag is that I took my MCAT in august 2000. Does anybody know if that will be accepted. Even if they say it is, has anybody ever gotten in with an older MCAT. I am deciding if I have to take it again.

souljah1

Attending
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
check out the msar. it will tell you the oldest mcats that schools will take. it is different depending on the school. i know that my mcat (august 1999) was the oldest mcat that the uc system would take for the class of 2006. but, i also know that other schools would accept older scores. the msar has it all.

Diogenes

Succat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think most schools require the MCAT to be 3 years (or less) old. But I'm not sure about that.

Jalby

I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by souljah1
check out the msar. it will tell you the oldest mcats that schools will take. it is different depending on the school. i know that my mcat (august 1999) was the oldest mcat that the uc system would take for the class of 2006. but, i also know that other schools would accept older scores. the msar has it all.

Ahem. I took the April one and it worked.
/me takes the title of oldest acceptable MCAT from souljah1

Adi Prasad

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks for your quick responses, I guess I won't take it again unless a diag indicates that I will break a 35. Take it easy