3 year old MCAT scores?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Adi Prasad, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Adi Prasad

Adi Prasad Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello people,
    I have a situation that I need some advice on. I am waitlisted now and am making my back up plans. I am definitely not going to apply this summer because my credentials have not changed.
    I will apply the summer of 2003 to enter in the fall of 2004. The only snag is that I took my MCAT in august 2000. Does anybody know if that will be accepted. Even if they say it is, has anybody ever gotten in with an older MCAT. I am deciding if I have to take it again.

2. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

check out the msar. it will tell you the oldest mcats that schools will take. it is different depending on the school. i know that my mcat (august 1999) was the oldest mcat that the uc system would take for the class of 2006. but, i also know that other schools would accept older scores. the msar has it all.

3. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

I think most schools require the MCAT to be 3 years (or less) old. But I'm not sure about that.

4. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Ahem. I took the April one and it worked.
    /me takes the title of oldest acceptable MCAT from souljah1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. OP
    OP
    Adi Prasad

Adi Prasad Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks for your quick responses, I guess I won't take it again unless a diag indicates that I will break a 35. Take it easy