3 years of undergrad and a gap year or 4 years but juggling ECs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manix

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I currently have the option of either finishing my undergrad in 3 years and then taking a gap year for ECs, or taking my full 4 years but working part-time to gain clinical experience. I'm also concerned that I will not be able to obtain an MA or scribe job, as my school is in a relatively small college town where every position has hundreds of premeds competing for it. During my gap year, I would be able to live at home, where there is less competition and more work as an MA. I'm conflicted in which path to take, does anyone have any advice to share?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I finished college in 3 years, and it paid off great! Saved myself 70k, and managed to rack up ECs really fast. Keep in mind that when you're not in school, you can volunteer, work, shadow, etc. completely on your own time. You could build up hours super fast for the application cycle. In these activities you can find things to talk about in your essays/interviews that will help you stand out. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 2 users