30Q cGPA 3.63 some perspective?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lsykenshin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone can give me perspective on my chance with above stat (plus 3.7 science gpa and decent EC) have one schools like BU, Tufts, UMASS, UWisconsin or that level of schools. Any opinion will help

Members don't see this ad.

If you take a look at the "School Selection spreadsheet" at the very top of this forum, you can easily see where your LizzyM score of 66 will make you competitive. You need to identify some safer schools to apply to. Your stats are only a part of the picture though. Excellent ECs can get you into a school that your stats don't quite fit.

You need safeties. Most of what you listed would be a slight reach. Use the spreadsheet to identify some add'l schools. If you only apply to those schools w/ avg ECs (and, fyi, everybody's basically avg; don't fool yourself too much) & those stats, you'll almost certainly be back here this time next yr.

(fyi, your LM score can give an idea of your objective competitiveness but relying upon it too much means you're ignoring a school's base rate of acceptance. That rate is far more important than relative stats. What matters is whether or not you get in, not how you stack up to great schools. That's why I've added % chance features -- to give you all a more realistic perspective.)

Last edited: