Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

DO 32 MCAT 3.08 cGPA 3.75 sGPA

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by anon01, 05.13.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. anon01

anon01

Pre-Medical
    Hello all. Trying to get a grip on my school list right now for the DO application season.

After finishing undergrad with a terrible 2.75 cGPA and doing my own DIY post Bacc this past year, I have taken all my prereqs as well as a bunch of retakes bringing my GPA up to a grand total of 3.08 with a science GPA of 3.75. My postbacc GPA of ~40 credits is 3.85. My MCAT is a balanced 32. I am wondering my chances at schools such as the TOURO's CCOM NOVA among others.

I have one pretty strong EC that went for my four years of undergrad along with shadowing, volunteering, and a few hours here and there of research that I was able to get.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. anon01

anon01

Pre-Medical
    No love? I am not URM for the record, have an enormous upward trend (2.0x for a handful of semesters circa 2008-2009 to 3.5 my senior year and 3.9x+ all through my post bacc).

I graduated in 2012, went back for my Post bacc after some self-reflecting and here I am now just having finished my pre-req classes and a handful of retakes. I haven't found a whole lot of people in similar situations (high sGPA/MCAT, low cGPA) and am hoping to have a decent shot at some of the more well established DO schools but will be applying broadly.

By the time I submit I will have 100+ shadowing hours in various specialties (MD and DO), close to or over that in non-clinical volunteer hours, a 4-year commitment with 1000's of hours through undergrad, and a handful of genetics research hours, as well as some other activities scattered throughout.

4. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    Chances are outstanding at any DO program, including mine.

5. anon01

anon01

Pre-Medical
    I appreciate the reply Goro, thank you

6. lmn

lmn 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Your app looks strong, be sure to get a DO LOR for the schools that may require it/highly desire it.

About the ads