33% In UWorld after studying FA and Pathoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Title says it all.
33% in first pass After having studied first aid and pathoma once. What should I do???

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have 4 months but I don't have any dedicated studying time. I feel I know 30% of FA.
33% on your first pass means your foundation is weak -- you need to understand the concepts while hammering in the details. The good thing is 4 months is plenty of time to get that UWorld % up.

I personally really like Boards and Beyond lectures for understanding concepts. It might also benefit you to do flashcards like Bro's so you can really get through FA and Pathoma actively, rather than passively reading/watching/listening. If you did 100 new cards a day doing the subjects you're watching on B&B/Pathoma, you could do ~9,800 Bro's cards in around 3 months (6,500 Pathoma/FA path + 3,300 FA cards without micro/biochem). Use SketchyMicro + SketchyPharm. Kaplan or Boards and Beyond for biochem. About 2 months out, you could ease into your second pass of UWorld again.

This is what I would do.

33% on your first pass means your foundation is weak -- you need to understand the concepts while hammering in the details. The good thing is 4 months is plenty of time to get that UWorld % up.

I personally really like Boards and Beyond lectures for understanding concepts. It might also benefit you to do flashcards like Bro's so you can really get through FA and Pathoma actively, rather than passively reading/watching/listening. If you did 100 new cards a day doing the subjects you're watching on B&B/Pathoma, you could do ~9,800 Bro's cards in around 3 months (6,500 Pathoma/FA path + 3,300 FA cards without micro/biochem). Use SketchyMicro + SketchyPharm. Kaplan or Boards and Beyond for biochem. About 2 months out, you could ease into your second pass of UWorld again.

This is what I would do.
This is essentially my approach. I have 2.5 solid months until dedicated. Doing 300 Anki cards/day, Pathoma/FA, 40 Q/day, B&B for brief review before Pathoma. Only problem is I'm trying to fit in making Anki cards for UW questions. Probably going to start that tomorrow.

This is what I would do.

Hows BB for Biochem?

Hows BB for Biochem?
It's actually pretty solid.

BB + FA/Bro's cards has me feeling pretty good so far. I actually just started it the other day, but I've been doing FA + biochem Bro's cards for about a week now. I tried Kaplan but it's just too long for me -- I'd rather spend 1/3 of the time watching videos (BB is ~9 hours while Kaplan 2010 is ~26 hours) and more time actively learning via cards since most of biochem is rote memorizing anyway.

Reactions: 1 users