33 unbalanced mcat lots of ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alicebobalice

birdie
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.63 cGPA 3.5scienceGPA

8Physics/12Verbal/13Bio

but I'm pretty upset because I took some high school classes at my local community college and without those I would have a 3.72 overall GPA with 3.7 in science classes. Those classes were six years ago...

I'm graduating this year with a triple major in Biochemistry, Philosophy, and Biology

3 years of research
I had 2 research fellowships (10 weeks paid each. One from professional society, one from school)
Great letters
Poster at a national meeting
2 posters at schoolwide meeting
Internship abroad in public health (400 hours)
1 mission trip abroad
1 mission trip inside US
Leader/board member of 2 student groups
270 hours of clinical volunteering

Schools:
Dartmouth

Arizona

University of Minnesota

Tufts

OHSU

University of Wisconsin

Colorado

Albany

Albert Einstein

Georgetown

Meidcal College of Wisconsin

Penn State

Tulane

Brown

Can I get into any of these places? I applied to a bunch of CA schools but I'm not a resident and don't expect secondaries. Please help, I have seriously no idea where I stand on the high school bit. Not something I've heard anyone else mention :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Where is your state of residence? I think you have a reasonable chance for an interview at Dartmouth, Tufts, Tulane, Penn State, Medical College Wisconsin, Albany, Albert Einstein, Georgetown. The state schools prefer their own residents so it depends on where you are a resident.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Minnesota, but I've heard of a lot of people getting turned down there this year :/ and I'm not underrepresented. I'm pretty stoked on Penn State since they do problem based learning and CO since I'm a counselor and case manager at a homeless clinic and they do a lot with underserved folks. Good to know that I'm not grossly overapplying! Do you know any other schools that might be good to try?

No, you are not over applying. You could add another 7 or 8 schools this week where you would have a reasonable chance for an interview. Consider Loyola, Rosalind Franklin, St. Louis, Oakland Beaumont, New York Medical College, Hofstra, GW, Jefferson, Temple, Drexel. Your stats would be competitive at all those schools and you would have a greater chance for an interview than some of the schools you have already applied to.