33 vs. 35 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kakalak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Texas resident with pretty decent ec's(leadership, international medical missions, research), science and non-science gpas above a 3.75, and a MCAT score of 33. I got acceptances from a couple of state schools, but have received nothing from Baylor, Northwestern, Cornell, and the University of Chicago. Looking at MDapps it looks like the only thing im lacking is 2 or so points on the MCAT, which comes down to less than 5 questions. Did one or two points really do me in for top tier schools? Thanks for your input ahead of time

Members don't see this ad.

It's really hard to say, but overall top schools are "a crapshoot." Your gpa is only average for top schools, with a below average mcat score. Depending on your other extracurriculars (are they average or better than average?), you may or may not have a shot.

I doubt it. How is your verbal score? That plays a huge factor.
That score does so many med students in. It's not even funny. Also, how is your personal statement? I think many ppl overlook how important it is.

Would I would do is e-mail/call/write these schools and express your interest. It can draw more attention to your application.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you honestly asking a bunch of pre-meds and a few med students about what the admissions committees think? What makes you think they will know anymore than what you might come up with?