33O, 3.66 GPA, Pritzker Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elbarto150

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email earlier today informing me that I am no longer being considered at UoC: Pritzker. This did not feel good, but I am wondering if I should really be concerned. I am a Texas resident, and am aiming most at Baylor, UT Houston, UTMB, and UT Southwestern. I need a little encouragement here so that I don't feel as if this early rejection spells bad things to come.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an email earlier today informing me that I am no longer being considered at UoC: Pritzker. This did not feel good, but I am wondering if I should really be concerned. I am a Texas resident, and am aiming most at Baylor, UT Houston, UTMB, and UT Southwestern. I need a little encouragement here so that I don't feel as if this early rejection spells bad things to come.

Your GPA / MCAT are very competitive for UT-H and UTMB.

Your GPA and MCAT are a bit under the averages for Baylor and UTSW, but you still have a shot at either school.

Pritzker is a really good school, so a rejection doesn't mean there's something wrong with your app. Plenty of qualified applicants get rejected pre-interview at UChic and other top 20 schools.

Also my question to you: how can I become a texas resident? Im a CA resident and its near impossible to get in as a CA resident to the UC schools. And besides, I like texas more.

Live in Texas for at 12 consecutive months prior to the submission of your application.

Live in Texas for at 12 consecutive months prior to the submission of your application.

Was this GPA a science GPA or a cumulative GPA? Can you provide both?

There is no point in applying to top-school with anything lower than 36 or 37. This is crystal clear to me and that's why I am busting my ass studying for the MCAT.

Was this GPA a science GPA or a cumulative GPA? Can you provide both?

There is no point in applying to top-school with anything lower than 36 or 37. This is crystal clear to me and that's why I am busting my ass studying for the MCAT.

The MCAT average at Pritzker is a 36. A higher MCAT is definitely favorable, but a 34/35 isn't an automatic rejection..

I hope he didn't take the rejection too hard. :(