35Q, 3.57 What schools do I have a good shot at applying to this late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

droshan

Waitlist King!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so basically getting a 35 gave me an undue ego boost and, although I applied to 40 schools, my selection was a bit top heavy...which is a big regret. I am now sitting on two post interview waitlists, 2 more interviews coming up and 4 or 5 pre-interview holds from mid tier schools.

I want to send out some of the secondaries that I held on to but will be worthwhile/have a good chance of getting an interview at. I'm a CA resident.
Right now i have 3 screened secondaries: UIC, EVMS, and Toledo.

Also I have Tulane, OHSU, Pitt, SUNY upstate, albany, Miami, Gtown.

Considering how late it is in the game I'm not sure if I'd apply to other schools unless you guys know of some that take a decent number of out of staters. I was thinking about Oregon too...what do you guys think.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you serious? Stop being ridiculous. Your school selection according to MDApps is fine. You've already had 4 interviews, and several dozen schools have yet to get back with you. You're stressing needlessly. I'd submit those screened secondaries ASAP, though. Why did you apply to the schools if you just planned to hold the secondaries? :confused:

Because I was naive and didn't realize how expensive the secondary apps would be + how exhausting they became. Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah...secondaries suck. If you have them, you might as well send 'em in. You already made it past the majority of applicants by getting them. Good luck to ya. You're in fine shape for an acceptance, so pop a chill pill. It'll be okay.