37 on Kap FL 4 worth anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdido09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I did awful, and expected to have my first score below a 30, and came out with a 37 (12/11/14)?

What is the general consensus of this exam? I know Kap tests aren't the greatest, but I have time to do all AAMC's plus the first 4 Kaplan tests so I went for it. It is my first test above a 33, so it could also be an outlier. Just not sure what to make of it, if anything. Starting up AAMC 7-11 Sunday.

Members don't see this ad.

If nothing else, it's a confidence booster. A lot of people say Kaplan FL's are easier than the AAMC practice tests. Currently, your 37 :)thumbup:) is an outlier but once you start AAMC's and you see your score increasing, the 37 might just be the beginning of an upward trend :xf:

Good luck!

If it's your only one above 33, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on it.

If you were consistently getting 37s and such I would say good job because those marks translate to the AAMC ones fairly well (at least in my case).

My Kaplan average was only 1 higher than my AAMC average. But I didn't have any outliers like yourself.

In either case you'll know better when you start AAMC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan tests are generally regraded as harder by a decent amount but with a much more generous curve (this is ignoring 10 and 11 which are incredibly difficult on purpose). Nevertheless some people do get around the same as their Kaplan average

If it means anything to you.. my highest kaplan score (33 on FL 4) was my actual MCAT score. This was before all my AAMCs, which I scored a bit below on (about 31 avg). Good luck!

Wouldn't put much stock in it.

My Kaplan FLs 1-5 were 33/35/35/35/37; AAMC avg was 37 (range of 34-40)....

Actual MCAT: 32Q. Sucks. Kaplan inflates. So do the AAMCs.