38 MCAT 14/10/14, 4.0 cGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strideline

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with aiming high. Start with ALL NC schools., then add in ALL schools in NY and PA, and then the Ivies. You're fine for U Miami, JHU, Vanderbilt, all VA schools too.

How's that?

Good luck!

Most interested in suggestions as to where I should apply based on stats/interests. Preferably East Coast but open to anywhere USA.

Other info:
BIo major, Chem minor senior at U of south carolina
~100 hrs shadowing including a unique 3-week surgical rotation program,
~500 hrs research over two years with a conference presentation but no pubs yet
1 yr NCAA div 1 athletics
~100 hrs clinical volunteering
Teaching mcat prep course in the upcoming year
Happy with my personal statement!

Interests- family medicine, internal medicine, radiology, oncology, research

So far I have UNC, ECU, Duke, and USC-Columbia. I'm from NC. Looking for some more recommendations, hoping for a list of 9-10. More concerned with getting in first try than shooting for top tier. Any feedback is appreciated!

With those stats you are competitive for any school in the country.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing wrong with aiming high. Start with ALL NC schools., then add in ALL schools in NY and PA, and then the Ivies. You're fine for U Miami, JHU, Vanderbilt, all VA schools too.

How's that?

Good luck!

Thanks, I will look into all of those. Is there any particular reason you suggest NY, PA, and VA schools?

VA because it's next door; it and NY and PA because those schools are mostly OOS friendly (especially to someone with your stats), and they're on the East Coast. I think some of the schools in FL fit the same bill.

Thanks, I will look into all of those. Is there any particular reason you suggest NY, PA, and VA schools?