39T MCAT, low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eleventwelve

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
what are the chances of someone with a low gpa (3.4-3.6) and a 39 mcat? not sure how concerned to be about that gpa/how much repair needs to be done. science/non-science double major w/sci gpa towards the lower end of that range and cgpa towards the upper end. top 3 college, not that that necessarily makes a difference. current senior taking time off (prob 1-2 years) to work with a community service org i helped found in college.

Different scools have different screening criteria or formulas. You should have a shot somewhere assumming no other red flags. However, based on this post, I'm assuming that you have not taken the MCAT and are "planning" on a 39 MCAT? So, I think the discussion will become more relevant once you get that 39.

If your undergrad science grades ended with a rising trend, you may not need any repair work. If you've already demonstrated an ability to get great grades in upper-level science, you're probably fine with such a strong MCAT score. Assuming, that is, that you have the usual and cutomary other ECs, strong LORs, PS and essays with the right tone, and adequate interview skills.

Members don't see this ad :)
are you kidding? a 3.4/39 will open sooooo many doors. no problem to land an interview, maybe itll be harder to land one at a school such as penn, but i highly doubt youll have to much to worry about.