3rd and 4th year rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BadVB750

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I decide to take the Navy scholarship will I be able to do all my 3rd and 4th year rotations at Portsmouth Naval hosiptal? Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. You are only required to take 2 military rotations and you have the choice to do them at several different institutions run by your service. Many students take an extra month or two though.

I am army, on a three year scholarship, when it is all said and done I will have done 3-4 months at military institutions.

texdrake said:
Nope. You are only required to take 2 military rotations and you have the choice to do them at several different institutions run by your service. Many students take an extra month or two though.

I am army, on a three year scholarship, when it is all said and done I will have done 3-4 months at military institutions.

I don't believe this is true. At least there is no mention of it that I can find in the Navy HPSP Handbook and I don't know why anyone would care where you do your AT. You could easily do both at the same place, you'd need two sets of orders of course.

Spang

EDIT: I just reread the OP. If you mean ALL of your 3rd and 4th year rotations, then no, you only get two. If you been BOTH of your required AT's for the 3rd and 4th year, then I believe yes, you can do them both at Portsmouth.

Silly me,
Spang