3rd time the charm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsherida

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey to everyone out there reapplying and checking out here instead of the reapp. forum, keep determined and your prayers open because if you want to be a doctor and are determined it WILL happen. After a few MCAT's and a third cycle of apps. I got into med school. Didn't want to waste people's time with a thread, but wanted to encouraqge people who have hit some bumps. So many people will tell you to go D.O. or consider another career, but if you truly want to be an MD and believe in your heart you can, just put negative advice and thoughts behind you! I'm not here to preach by any means, but prayer helped me stay focused and enthusiastic. Yeah, three times is a pain in the ass, but in the end if feels GREAT to get that letter in the mail and see your mom cry when you tell her! Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions. I am more than willing to help anyone if I can! Best of Luck!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on attempt #2 in as many years...hopefully it will go better this time around

Members don't see this ad :)
Much respect. I submitted AMCAS 2006 before getting accepted literally the day before I was going to withdraw my applicants and focus on this year. Good luck reapplicants.

Congratulations dsherida!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm going through the whole "is being a doctor in the future for me" debate, looking at my options and it was really comforting to hear a success story! Inspiring to say the least.

Best wishes! :luck: :luck:

N1DERL& said:
Congratulations dsherida!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm going through the whole "is being a doctor in the future for me" debate, looking at my options and it was really comforting to hear a success story! Inspiring to say the least.

Best wishes! :luck: :luck:

If you want to be a doc, hang in there and keep giving it a shot. Keep working in the field and pray! Good luck to you!!!

Did you change anything in your app that you think helped you get in the third time? I've also applied a few times. Congrats!

annamarie said:
Did you change anything in your app that you think helped you get in the third time? I've also applied a few times. Congrats!

I didn't take the Aug. MCAT, so my app. was in earlier than the years before. I don't know if it made a huge diff. because I applied to one school via EDP. I had a few research publications which showed I did something productive with my time off. I guess I pretty much highlighted that I was intently sticking with it even though I had a few setbacks. Good luck, any other ?s feel free to ask!