3rd Year New York Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yosh

Livin' in the WINDY CITY
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a second year at COMP, and now we are allowed to do our 3rd year rotations at any hospital as long as we can it up ourselves.
Being a life-long NewYorker....I would love going back home to do my 3rd and 4th years...but am unsure how to go about this. I want to look into Manhattan(preferably), Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island areas.
I know that 3rd year rotations are hard to set up...I am learning as I go along..and would like any kinds of guidance or leads anyone can offer.

If anyone has any info...please post or e-mail me....

Thanks....

Hope to be home next summer.....

Members don't see this ad.

Yosh, I would check any of these hospitals:

(These are the hospitals that NYCOM students rotate through. For some reason, many of the students here tend to look for rotations out on the island leaving many of the big hospitals in Brooklyn with vacancies. Brookdale, Maimonides......personally those are the hospital I want to rotate through. From what I here, Good Samaritan Hospital in Bay Shore is also really good though and as far as hands on, you learn alot.)

Good Luck!! I can't wait to be in your shoes!!

AUBURN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
BROOKDALE HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
BRUNSWICK HOSPITAL CENTER
CATHOLIC MEDICAL CENTER OF BROOKLYN & QUEENS ST. MARY'S HOSPITAL OF BROOKLYN
CLARA MAASS MEDICAL CENTER
FRANKFORD HOSPITAL
GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
GRIFFIN
JAMAICA HOSPITAL
LONG BEACH MEDICAL CENTER
LONG ISLAND JEWISH HILLSIDE HOSPITAL (Psychiatry)
LONG ISLAND JEWISH MEDICAL CENTER (Surgery)
LUTHERAN MEDICAL CENTER
MAIMONIDES MEDICAL CENTER
MID-HUDSON FAMILY HEALTH INSTITUTE
NASSAU UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER
NEWARK BETH ISRAEL MEDICAL CENTER
NEW YORK HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
NORTH SHORE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL -
FOREST HILLS
NORTH SHORE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL-
MANHASSET
NORTH SHORE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL - PLAINVIEW
PENINSULA HOSPITAL CENTER
QUEENS HOSPITAL CENTER
SAINT BARNABAS MEDICAL CENTER (NJ)
SAMARITAN MEDICAL CENTER
SISTERS HOSPITAL
ST. BARNABAS HOSPITAL (BRONX)
SOUTH NASSAU COMMUNITIES HOSPITAL
ST. CLARE'S HOSPITAL & HEALTH CENTER
UNION HOSPITAL
WILSON MEMORIAL REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
WYCKOFF HEIGHTS MEDICAL CENTER

Yosh, I would check any of these hospitals:

(These are the hospitals that NYCOM students rotate through. For some reason, many of the students here tend to look for rotations out on the island leaving many of the big hospitals in Brooklyn with vacancies. Brookdale, Maimonides......personally those are the hospital I want to rotate through. From what I here, Good Samaritan Hospital in Bay Shore is also really good though and as far as hands on, you learn alot.)

MID-HUDSON FAMILY HEALTH INSTITUTE

Mid-Hudson family practice: I wont recommend this programfor new applicants. Malignancy is way above any imagination. Residents arebeing abused by Attending and even mid-wives! Residents work like horses and noopportunity to learn. Paper work is taking over patient care. Besides, thehospital is facing a huge financial issue as the top 19 executives are the onewho get all the profits.

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/articles/2012/05/04/news/doc4fa416fd00ead765833332.txt?viewmode=fullstory