3rd year research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mirror Form

Thyroid Storm
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm a 3rd year medical student who's stats are good but not great. I want to do something to boost my ophtho application, so I figured research would be a good idea. Although, I know my grades are important and don't want to end up getting B's during my rotations b/c I'm too busy doing research to study. Does anybody know if it's feasible to do a good project during third year? Also, any recommendations on what types of research to do???

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Sledge2005
Hey, I'm a 3rd year medical student who's stats are good but not great. I want to do something to boost my ophtho application, so I figured research would be a good idea. Although, I know my grades are important and don't want to end up getting B's during my rotations b/c I'm too busy doing research to study. Does anybody know if it's feasible to do a good project during third year? Also, any recommendations on what types of research to do???

I recommend that you speak to a faculty member. As a medical student, you can do a chart review and publish a retrospective study. Another thing you can do is write up a unique or interesting case as a case report or photo essay.