4.0 GPA/28 MCAT, judgments please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FCBMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone :) I've been browsing SDN for a couple weeks now & y'all have been very helpful in the application process! My MCAT scores came out today & I finally decided to become a member - I would greatly appreciate feedback on my stats.

Here the jist:

Applying this cycle :thumbup:
Psychology Major, Chemistry Minor
4.00 overall GPA
....28 MCAT :oops: eh.
Hispanic female/Bilingual
Applying to all Texas Schools :love: yeehaw!

Shadowing: 200+ hours that is centered on Low-Income areas both in & out of the country
Volunteer Work: 150+ hours with a 6-yr old in the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program; plus some smaller work with my school
Research: to start June 1st
Leadership: Pre-Med Club Officer for 2 years, going on 3; Intramural Soccer Co-Rec Team Captain for 3 years
Extracurriculars: Soccer (I dedicate insane amounts of time to this one), Belay & Scuba certified, couple other silly things.

Any input would be much obliged! Thanks for your time everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine. Beef up with some research and apply widely.

Thanks Shag! Will do, hoping to get a great research experience on nanocomposites by the time interviews roll around (assuming I get some! :xf: )

In addition to shadowing, considered a passive observership, most successful applicants will also have active clinical experience where they personally interacted with sick people. Is it possible that you helped during some of your "Shadowing" time and could recategorize that?