4.0 GPA, 510 MCAT. My chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDND123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest:

Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Any DO program, starting with both Westerns, Touro-CA, TUNCOM, AZCOM, and PacNW
UCD
UCI
UCR IF you're from the Inland Empire

Hello guys,

Here's my info:

GPA: 4.0, science major, top 40 school
MCAT: 510 -- got freaked out during the exam
Volunteering:
- Clinical: ~500 hours at 2 hospitals (surgical department + emergency department), direct patient contact.
- Non-clinical: ~200 hours (teaching)
Research: ~1000 hrs and counting -- currently working in a research lab, with a paper in preparation (middle author)

Many awards, including deparment's best graduating student.
Trilingual
Background: immigrant from a third-world country.

What are my chances and what schools should I aim for? (CA resident)

Thank you very much!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you from NorCal or SoCal??? If you are from southern california (not even necessarily inland empire, although that would be helpful) I would definitely try UCR. Your background seems like something they would like!

Are you from NorCal or SoCal??? If you are from southern california (not even necessarily inland empire, although that would be helpful) I would definitely try UCR. Your background seems like something they would like!
The 25 seats (or so) that go to non UCR undergrads are designated for those with a validated commitment to serve the IE. That is the mandate and mission from UCR's benefactor. There are very few students at the medical school that have no demonstrable association to the IE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user