MD 4.0 GPA 518 MCAT, need help with school list, please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BachDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

Thanks to all of you who spend time helping on here! Can you please help me with my school list?

GPA 4.0/4.0

MCAT 518 129/127/131/131

Ohio resident
Music Performance major at a state school

Clinical volunteering - scribe, patient transport, scheduling for humanitarian trips - ~150 hours

Research - I have been working in a lab at Cincinnati Children’s since October. Second author on a paper that is currently in progress.

Shadowing - Around 250 hour
- Plastic surgery, hand surgery, OBGYN, ophthalmology, vascular surgery, general surgery

Volunteering
-Music Associate at a church. Working on building a pipe organ for the church, assistant choir director, substitute organist
- Nursing home violinist - I play violin and sing for nursing home chapel programs
- Receptionist, intake, and food pantry for an organization that helps underserved people in Dayton, Ohio
- Scribe and assistant on two medical mission trips

Other extracurriculars
- Violin teacher - I teach a 4 year old violin student
- Freelance violinist for weddings, banquets, funerals, etc
- Organist - Recently played a recital and substitute in church
- Choir section leader and soloist at Westminster Presbyterian church. I lead the soprano section and I recently sang the soprano solos in the Brahm’s Requiem.

Outstanding Academic Undergraduate Award from the college-conservatory of music where I studied. Awarded to the top graduating academic undergraduate taking into account GPA, final recital evaluations, and professor comments.

I would really like help with my school list including ideas for schools I don’t have on here and thoughts on these. Here is what I’m thinking so far:

University of Cincinnati
Ohio State University
Case Western
Northwestern
University of Michigan
Michigan State
Indiana University
Mayo
Harvard
Stanford
Yale
Hopkins
NYU
Washington University St. Louis
Loma Linda (I’m Seventh-Day Adventist)

Thank you so very much for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Your list is good but add your other Ohio schools (Toledo and Wright State) as "safeties".
Thank you! Do you think I have too many "reaches" on there?