MD 4.0 GPA, 526 MCAT, Cookie-Cutter ECs. WAMC/Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AdmiralGeneralAladeen

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Add some mid-tiers:
Emory
Rochester
Dartmouth
USC-Keck
Case Western

Also, schools that like high MCATS:
Vanderbilt
NYU
U Penn

Add some mid-tiers:
Emory
Rochester
Dartmouth
USC-Keck
Case Western

Also, schools that like high MCATS:
Vanderbilt
NYU
U Penn

Thanks for the suggestions. Are there any schools on my list, or in general, that I really shouldn't bother applying to?

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Wisconsin has a very strong in-state bias. They might be more willing to take someone from a neighboring state, but be sure to look into it!

Edit: Same with Colorado. And the OOS tuition is super expensive.

Thanks for the input, I'll take another look at the MSAR to fine tune the list. @Goro I'd appreciate any comments/suggestions!

Thanks for the suggestions. Are there any schools on my list, or in general, that I really shouldn't bother applying to?

Do you have specific reasons for applying to:

University of Wisconsin
University of Colorado

If not, I would remove them since they have strong in-state biases. OSU will be okay because they show a slight regional preference (same for Cincinnati and Case).

I would not bother applying to schools where you are way above the 90th percentile in terms of GPA/MCAT or to schools that have a strong service focus (such as Rush, Tulane) since your app is more research focused. I think your state schools + the 3 Ohio schools + ~5-6 mid-tiers will be a solid list for you. Then add whatever Top 20s you're interested in.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user