Jan 18, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I was reflecting on my summer semester grades, and the thought came to me that having a 4.0 gpa is like being a virgin... once you lose it you can't go back. With a little more focus in my younger days I could have that golden 4.0 and feel all warm and fuzzy right now... ah well. Good luck to everyone still taking finals!!!

About the Ads

Ellipsis1104

5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2010
Status
Pre-Psychology
having a 4.0 gpa is like being a virgin
~from the perspective of someone who has lost it. . .yeah; but while you're still holding on to it, there's no itch to lose it :D Then, it's more like standing on the mound staring down at home-run derby all-stars who want to bust up your perfect game.

FutureDrB

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2008
Texas
Status
Pre-Medical
~from the perspective of someone who has lost it. . .yeah; but while you're still holding on to it, there's no itch to lose it :D Then, it's more like standing on the mound staring down at home-run derby all-stars who want to bust up your perfect game.
The only real problem is the loss of your virginity, followed by an itch.

Jun 10, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I think honors classes carry a higher weight for an A. So theoretically, that would make it possible to re-virginize.
The only problem is that AMCAS will never give you more than 4.0 for a grade when they standardize your GPA. So this is more like the "saying your a virgin" than the "getting a surgical hymen reconstruction" type of re-virginizing. The only example I know of for the later would be if you lived in Texas and took advantage of their Fresh Start program and then only applied to Texas med school.

Nov 30, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I guess I'm just confused:

If you graduate without ever earning anything but an A (or A+ apparently) doesn't that pretty much assure you also graduate a virgin?

Thus as the OP posited: a 4.0 is like being a virgin :)

About the Ads