4.00/42 from a top 20 - chance for yale e.d.p.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edphopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first thread at SDN:)

Someone told me that Yale's early decision program looks for special people who are lucky or, unfortunately, have great connection or backgrounds (eg. sons/daughters of senators or major donors:()

I am a ordinary over-represented-majority student though.

However, I really want to finish the applicatian process ASAP.

Please give me some advice on whether to go on with the suicide mission.

sGPA: 4.00
cGPA: 4.00
MCAT: 14 14 14 Q
Chemistry major at a top 20
1.5 year of research x 2 (1 pub+1 pending)
Emergency Medicine: 8hr/week for 1 year
Shadowing: 20 and 30 hrs for 2 specialties respectively
Volunteer: 2006 FIFA World Cup (LOR from the head)
Volunteer: 2008 Olympics
Other fun stuffs

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

This is my first thread at SDN:)

Someone told me that Yale's early decision program looks for special people who are lucky or, unfortunately, have great connection or backgrounds (eg. sons/daughters of senators or major donors:()

I am a ordinary over-represented-majority student though.

However, I really want to finish the applicatian process ASAP.

Please give me some advice on whether to go on with the suicide mission.

sGPA: 4.00
cGPA: 4.00
MCAT: 14 14 14 Q
Chemistry major at a top 20
1.5 year of research x 2 (1 pub+1 pending)
Emergency Medicine: 8hr/week for 1 year
Shadowing: 20 and 30 hrs for 2 specialties respectively
Volunteer: 2006 FIFA World Cup (LOR from the head)
Volunteer: 2008 Olympics
Other fun stuffs

Thanks again!

lol..Troll

No, I think you should consider another career.

Why? If you can't figure out the answer to this question based on the information provided on the internet or within a library, then how the hell do you plan on figuring out much more difficult problems in medicine?

And yes, clearly a troll.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't believe #2 is from a member of over 600 posts.

If you can upload the said letter from the head of the World Cup, maybe people will start believing you here.

But if everything is true, you know you stand a good chance of acceptance anywhere.

I tried, but information about early decision programs is really scarce. I have heard that SDN is better than advisor, so I came here, and then the above posts...

While you're out trying to get into your dream school, some other pre-meds are trying to get into A med school. If this is a serious question, then it should not have been asked here.

Except for the absurd MCAT score (which is still possible), what makes this person such an obvious troll?

Assuming you are not a troll, ED is typically a stupid way to go about applying for medical school, regardless of how good your stats are.

yes hoot, ED is always risky.
And the two volunteer experiences are what i thought would set me apart from others.

People who have a 4.00/42 and awesome EC's don't usually start "chance me" threads....

And the two volunteer experiences are what i thought would set me apart from others.

If you don't mind waiting an additional year before med school (per your rejection from an e.d.p.) then go for it. Otherwise don't.

The "head" is in charge of general volunteering activities, not the head of the world cup for sure, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)

Why would you want to apply ED in the first place?

Just to save yourself some work?

10-15 apps aren't that hard, and it is much less risky than placing all your eggs in one basket (essentially).

The "head" is in charge of general volunteering activities, not the head of the world cup for sure, lol.

What is the name of the guy in charge of "FIFA volunteering activities"?

*smacks forehead*

What was I thinking telling you to apply normal decision?

If you are for real, apply for E.D. so you stay out of my application pool.:)

Thanks ignation, I am actually avoiding the stress that may overwhelm me for the whole semester. Just want to get the pressure off earlier.

Maybe I am concentrating more on the benefits of ED than its risks.

Chemdude, if you have not gone through the rigorous selection process for only 800 formal volunteers (with a nice adidas t-shirt), you don't have the right to question me.

Chemdude, if you have not gone through the rigorous selection process for only 800 formal volunteers (with a nice adidas t-shirt), you don't have the right to question me.

:rolleyes:...The only way you can volunteer at the World Cup is if you're a resident of the host country. Is it possible for you to attend a Top 20 school in the US and be a resident of Germany at the same time? I don't think so...

tl;dr

in general though gtfo

:rolleyes:...The only way you can volunteer at the World Cup is if you're a resident of the host country. Is it possible for you to attend a Top 20 school in the US and be a resident of Germany at the same time? I don't think so...

if you think he's a troll, you can (politely) point and laugh, but don't be a tool :rolleyes:

Though it's off-topic, 06 world cup does recruit foreign candidates (pretty much like med school application, they used application forms, screenings and interview).

Please stop chemdude, it is really a valuable experience in my life, seriously.

Though it's off-topic, 06 world cup does recruit foreign candidates (pretty much like med school application, they used application forms, screenings and interview).

Please stop chemdude, it is really a valuable experience in my life, seriously.

:thumbup:..have fun at Yale

Moving to What are my Chances. And let's all please try to keep in mind that good stats=/=troll.

OP, I think you stand a good chance just about anywhere, regular decision or EDP. However, that said... I think you stand a good chance anywhere, so why box yourself into a corner and possibly set yourself back on all of your other applications if you happen to not get in EDP? Then all of a sudden all of the stress you thought you were saving yourself will be multiplied by a thousand, as not only will you be having to fill out a bunch of secondaries and fly around for interviews, but you will also be doing all of that LATE--you'll still get in somewhere, undoubtably, but it'll be a stressful process. Furthermore, since you've got a good shot at just about any school, why not go ahead and fly around for some interviews, get a few acceptance, and decide which one you like the most based on firsthand experiences at the schools (not to mention potentially play their scholarship packages against each other)?

GoSpursGo, thank you!

The spurs is in great shape for next season, btw.

If you apply to multiple schools and get a full-ride merit scholarship elsewhere, and Yale offers you squat, would you take the full ride, or still go with Yale? If you go EDP, you'll never know what other interesting choices you might be offered.

OMG, this guy is obviously a troll.

look at how he responds to any message. he purposely phrases in effort to suck up but only comes off as fake.

http://www.worldcup2010southafrica....fa-south-africa-2010-volunteer-opportunities/

the requirement to volunteer is being 18 years old.

after a little more google magic, I found out that 15,000 volunteers were accepted. hmm, I thought the OP said 800? Oh well.

btw, the MCAT and GPA are believable. I know a few ppl in RL with those #s haha. they don't come off as being smarter than any other med students, though. honestly, they simply are amazing at standardized tests. that doesn't automatically equal good doctor. it equals excellent standardized test taker hehe.

also, I like how the OP had to stress his 4.0 in the thread's title by typing it as "4.00." makes me believe him even more.

OMG, this guy is obviously a troll.

look at how he responds to any message. he purposely phrases in effort to suck up but only comes off as fake.

http://www.worldcup2010southafrica....fa-south-africa-2010-volunteer-opportunities/

the requirement to volunteer is being 18 years old.

after a little more google magic, I found out that 15,000 volunteers were accepted. hmm, I thought the OP said 800? Oh well.

btw, the MCAT and GPA are believable. I know a few ppl in RL with those #s haha. they don't come off as being smarter than any other med students, though. honestly, they simply are amazing at standardized tests. that doesn't automatically equal good doctor. it equals excellent standardized test taker hehe.

also, I like how the OP had to stress his 4.0 in the thread's title by typing it as "4.00." makes me believe him even more.

lol. just, lol.