4.33 GPA scale vs 4.0 GPA scale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

q1we3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a CGPA of 3.5 at SFU which uses 4.33 scale.
How would schools convert this GPA to 4.0.
Would they look at each course letter grade and then assign new GPA ?
Or just divide 3.5/4.33?
Do schools put more emphasis on first 2 years or last 2 years?
Do you think my current GPA with OAT score of AA 360 TS 380 is good enough?
Sorry for so many questions i am really confused about this GPA conversion

Members don't see this ad.

OPTOMcas will standardize your GPA. With your OAT you will get an interview and probably acceptance to any school you go to, unless you don't have a soul and are terrible at interviewing...then you may not get into every school...but somebody definitely will take you. Schools want to see a positive trend in GPA and proof that you can handle the 22+credits/semester load.

Don't spend time imaging all the possible scenarios and worrying about "Will I get in?!"...with that OAT and GPA you'll be ok, as long as your major wasn't Basketweaving, then you may have to explain a bit.

Congrats on your score and future acceptance(s)

I have a CGPA of 3.5 at SFU which uses 4.33 scale.
How would schools convert this GPA to 4.0.
Would they look at each course letter grade and then assign new GPA ?
Or just divide 3.5/4.33?
Do schools put more emphasis on first 2 years or last 2 years?
Do you think my current GPA with OAT score of AA 360 TS 380 is good enough?
Sorry for so many questions i am really confused about this GPA conversion

Optomcas asks you to input the letter grades with conversion as provided by your school's transcript. So get a hold of your registrar and ask if they know the conversion, or order a transcript and take a look at that.

But looking at your OAT scores, you'll have no problem getting accepted into most Optom schools. The only ones in the states are probably UCB, SUNY where your OAT is about or a little above average, and Waterloo in Canada where its about or a little below average. All other schools will probably welcome you with open arms.

Cheers and good luck.