4/6 Test Taker, need some advice please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gdavtian

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I finished up content review and started doing 1 FL a week for the past 5 weeks, and this is how I have been scoring

NS1: 505 (127/123/127/128)
NS2: 509 (127/126/128/128)
NS3: 507 (127/124/128/128)
AAMC Sample: % converted to 509
AAMC FL1: 505 (127/123/127/128)

I have been reviewing each exam and practicing with AAMC material in between each testing. I Plan on finishing up all AAMC material before giving AAMC FL2 a shot. I feel like I have plateaued and don't know how to improve my scores :/ I started off at a 505 and after a month of studying and taking practice tests I ended up with 505 on my AAMC FL. This completely destroyed my confidence and I'm trying to figure out how to get out this slump. Has anyone else been through a stagnant period like this? did you improve, if so how? should I do anything different? Please help! this is how I plan on riding out the rest of my study schedule

3/11: NS 4
3/17: AAMC FL2
3/24: EK 1
3/31: AAMC FL3
4/6: Test Day

Members don't see this ad.

CARS is your low score, so it is more likely to be a comprehension rather than a knowledge issue. Do more practice questions!

Edit: it might help to do practice q's and review the answers straight away, rather than doing a bunch of FLs. If you understand why you got a question wrong, you will avoid similar errors.

CARS is your low score, so it is more likely to be a comprehension rather than a knowledge issue. Do more practice questions!

Edit: it might help to do practice q's and review the answers straight away, rather than doing a bunch of FLs. If you understand why you got a question wrong, you will avoid similar errors.

Yea I have been doing practice Questions, I'm almost done with the 2nd AAMC CARS QPack and have been doing CARS section test from Kaplan. Its honestly hit or miss, sometimes I score 127, other times I scoop as low as 123 :( I just cant seem to get better at it. Debating on getting a tutor but idk how effective it would be in a few weeks span

Have you done CARS q-packs and the section banks ? Those are generally really helpful. The next Step CARS seems to be off how representative they are to the real thing.