4/9/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lexie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've just jumped ship from the Jan MCAT. It was the earliest one I could get after January. Anyone else signed up for this date??

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know what actually goes on at aamc regarding these exams? do the test scores just sit while the essays are being finished down to the wire.. are they tweeking until the release date.. is everything pretty much done after a week.. the rest is just in-case they need more time.. what is it with waiting until 5pm by the "latest release date" to press the button

does anyone know what actually goes on at aamc regarding these exams? do the test scores just sit while the essays are being finished down to the wire.. are they tweeking until the release date.. is everything pretty much done after a week.. the rest is just in-case they need more time.. what is it with waiting until 5pm by the "latest release date" to press the button

I think what they do is check the 4/9 MCAT thread and they'll release the scores once we're on the 11th page of posts ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I the only one has had more than one dream in which I somehow find out my MCAT score (with a wide range of results)?

Pretty sad...

I think pretty much everyone dreams about it... Back in '08 I dreamed I scored 19/6/8 (yes, really 19) but my total was somehow 28. Crazy :laugh:

I think pretty much everyone dreams about it... Back in '08 I dreamed I scored 19/6/8 (yes, really 19) but my total was somehow 28. Crazy :laugh:

Hmm, a little unbalanced, I think :laugh:

I actually haven't had any dreams about it, but sleep deprivation could be behind that

Duh Duh Duh....

The last 4 weeks have flown by (I did go on vacation to Europe so that may have helped ;) ) but just today I started to freak out about 5/10....

I want to know my score but I am DREADING opening the THx website. It's like BOOM, THERE'S YOUR SCORE. No warning, no preparation. Just. There.

I think my body has been under more stress in the last year than in the previous 22 years combined.

Good luck to everyone!! Hope those nerves are greeted with great test results!
:love:

I guess I'm not the only one filled with dread. I was planning on using the past month to study just in case I had to re-take it. Of course, that didn't go according to plan. Hopefully if I buckle down it'll be like getting back on a bike.

But 5/10 at 5 pm cannot come any quicker...

If I had the exact same experience and am feeling the same as just about everybody else here, does that mean we all got around average? (lol)

Judgment day is almost here! Good luck everyone :) One more day... although I'm sure AAMC will get about a million hits by SDNers today just checking to see if the scores are released early ;)

I've had one dream where I get my score - a 24, and then I wake up and say to myself it's only a dream. Then for some reason, I go to the THX website to check my real score and see another 24, and realize I'm still dreaming. doh

A dream within a dream?!?

That's some inception shiet right there.

A little more than 24 hours boys and girls. I have never been this nervous before in my life. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from somebody (probably somewhere in SDN or on this very thread) that it's best to just wait until the following day (Wednesday for us), when you know it will be almost for sure up. That way you don't have to keep refreshing and going crazy. It's tough advice to follow, but seems wise.

I decided I'd not check the THx website until I see people in this thread verifying that the scores are up. That way, I can have a pseudo-version of the missing "Your scores are ready. Please click here to view them." message that they should incorporate.

Anyway, so I'm counting on you guys to clue me in as to when they're up...

gluck everyone.

I heard from somebody (probably somewhere in SDN or on this very thread) that it's best to just wait until the following day (Wednesday for us), when you know it will be almost for sure up. That way you don't have to keep refreshing and going crazy. It's tough advice to follow, but seems wise.

I decided I'd not check the THx website until I see people in this thread verifying that the scores are up. That way, I can have a pseudo-version of the missing "Your scores are ready. Please click here to view them." message that they should incorporate.

Anyway, so I'm counting on you guys to clue me in as to when they're up...

gluck everyone.

You have amazing self control! I rolled out of bed this morning and went straight to my computer to see if they were up, lol.

oh neuroticism! I have at least had the fortitude to not check the thx website at all, since clearly if they were for some reason up early, which they wouldn't be, this thread would be going bonkers. I'm with the previous poster - this thread is my indicator of choice :)

I need all my self-control tomorrow:

final #1 3-6p

SCORES OUT PROBABLY

final #2 7-10p

I've decided not to check until after the 2nd one, but I might not be able to stop myself...

I've decided not to check until after the 2nd one, but I might not be able to stop myself...

I think that's an excellent decision, and you'll be glad you stuck with it and didn't cave in.

Ultimately, the question for you is this: Which thoughts would be less distracting during your second final:

"What did I get? What did I get?"

OR

"Why did I get that? Why did I get that?"

Personally, I'd rather have the former. After all, you're already taking the first final in the dark about your MCAT score. Nothing about the score is going to change between 3pm and 10pm.

I say free your mind by telling it that it will find out later that evening.

As best you can, you need to focus your undivided attention on your final exam.

Wishing you great luck on your finals! Rock em!

OMG just put me out of my misery already!!! im in a linkage program pending i get a certain score on this exam. i am tired of waiting!!! this is the only thing standing in the way of me and med school this fall and i cant even concentrate.. scores now!

Well, I will probably check again later tonight because I'm neurotic and AAMC does say "after 5 PM" on the release schedule.

From what I've gathered observing other threads, the AAMC is pretty consistent in posting scores the day that they have scheduled. My guess is they finish them early and hold onto them until then.

That being I will most definately be checking back frequently.
:scared:

I can't believe this thread is still only on page 7! The 4/16 thread is on page 19 already, but I assume there were just more test takers on that date for some reason...

doing this too. i have an exam tuesday evening and wednesday morning so i might just wait until sometime on wednesday until i check it. its gonna be so tough though especially since ive been checking every day for the past week practically just in case it was up early. now that i know it will be up for sure tomorrow im too nervous that ill get distracted for my exams

Any ideas as to what time will the scores get released ??? OMG this month has been like hell... I dreamed 3 times about my score.. 11/11/11 is what I saw in my 3 dreams.. but I don't believe it lol

The AMCAS application opened like 4 days ago, but I just can't focus and start working on it till I see my MCAT score lol

last time i took the mcat (7/2010) i was at work neurotically checking for my results and i got it around 3:30-4:30 pm on the release date...

so they're usually up before 5 pm.

there's NO way i'm checking while at work tomorrow. i'm waiting until i see word from here, and maybe waiting until i'm home and can safely implode if it's terrible...:scared:

what a long endless night this is going to be!!! and they say when you get your first acceptance you will forget all this $hit that you've been through. Well I don't personally think that is true.. I will never forget my MCAT experience. NEVER. :confused:

what a long endless night this is going to be!!! and they say when you get your first acceptance you will forget all this $hit that you've been through. Well I don't personally think that is true.. I will never forget my MCAT experience. NEVER. :confused:

I was telling my buddy tonight, you guys might be only ~5 months away from pulling down acceptances (October 15th). Exciting times for sure! One thing I remember about the whole process is that it's awesome to have a blank slate. Don't carry any UG baggage with you :)

i was telling my buddy tonight, you guys might be only ~5 months away from pulling down acceptances (october 15th). Exciting times for sure! One thing i remember about the whole process is that it's awesome to have a blank slate. don't carry any ug baggage with you :)

qft

Hang in there guys and gals. I remember exactly how you feel right now.

I mean EXACTLY.

I already had several lists made of schools for application scenarios depending on what I thought my score might be; best, average, or worst case.

I wish I would have known that I was going to get in my top choice school at that time, because I was freaking the ef out!

Hang in there!

I can't even describe how I feel right about now, I have never been this nervous in my life!!!

:scared: Just hoping that the beastliness of our exam (4/16) will be reflected in a fair corresponding curve. I'm assuming that it will be similar to AAMC 11, at the least...

I hope it's a wayy better curve than AAMC11, especially for bio. I'm really curious to see how everyone scored on the PS section.

...neurotic...

:laugh: This is probably true.

Good luck guys! I wish you all the best :luck:

Ahh, last day. I am starting to feel slightly relieved knowing the wait is going to finally be over today (even though another possibly worse wait is about to begin come June 1).

Good luck everybody, I wish you all the best!

Ahh, last day. I am starting to feel slightly relieved knowing the wait is going to finally be over today (even though another possibly worse wait is about to begin come June 1).

Good luck everybody, I wish you all the best!

I feel sooooo relieved ahhhhhh... I feel so warm and... oh wait I just peed myself.

Good luck to us all!

I know at least one person here is refreshing the Thx website every 30 seconds. For that person, please let us know when the scores are released because I'd rather wait here and not on the real website lol

I know at least one person here is refreshing the Thx website every 30 seconds. For that person, please let us know when the scores are released because I'd rather wait here and not on the real website lol

the lazy man's neurotic premed - I like it :thumbup:

You guys should play the game where you try to guess exactly what time the scores will come out