oms fan

How I feel everyday...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2004
Los Angeles
Status
So, there are about 10 programs in the country that have both 4 and 6 yr OMS residencies. I wondering if anyone applied or has heard of someone applying to both programs at the same institution.
Do you think they would look at that and say, "This kid doesn't know what the crap he wants to do (MD or no MD)." Or do you think it looks like you really want to match at that institution and don't really care how you do it either way.

USC2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2003
los angeles
Visit site
Status
There is no problem applying to both tracks at the same school, I did it. Be prepared to answer which one you will rank higher. Your answer to why you applied to both is that you really like what their program has to offer, the way it is run, the types of procedures they do, and that your looking for the best training and you feel that this program offers this whether it is the 4 or 6yr track.

1-16-17-32

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
Status
I applied to a program like that as well. Of the 22 or so people who intervied there, about 5 or 6 people applied to one program or the other, and about the other 10-12 applied to both.