Feb 4, 2010
Houston, TX
Status
Medical Student
I scored a 24 with 8s in each section on my most recent TPR full length, improving from a 17 on my first TPR FL. I am shooting for a 28-32, so that I can have a shot at well established DO schools, as well as Texas state schools. For physics I still have to do problems for electrostatics/electricity/magnetism, sounds and waves, and optics/lenses. I need to also need to review a couple weak spots in gen chem including stoichiometry and acids and bases. For biological sciences, I seem to be missing mostly ochem problems. Is it possible to reach my goal in a month? My main plan of attack is to take about 8-10 more practice tests (at least all of the AAMCs), review my weaknesses, and do practice problems to address those topics.

Temperature101

Membership Revoked
Removed
May 27, 2011
Status
Medical Student
I scored a 24 with 8s in each section on my most recent TPR full length, improving from a 17 on my first TPR FL. I am shooting for a 28-32, so that I can have a shot at well established DO schools, as well as Texas state schools. For physics I still have to do problems for electrostatics/electricity/magnetism, sounds and waves, and optics/lenses. I need to also need to review a couple weak spots in gen chem including stoichiometry and acids and bases. For biological sciences, I seem to be missing mostly ochem problems. Is it possible to reach my goal in a month? My main plan of attack is to take about 8-10 more practice tests (at least all of the AAMCs), review my weaknesses, and do practice problems to address those topics.
I heard TPR FLs are harder than the AAMC. I dont know how true is that. Your 24 in TPR might be a 26+ in AAMC. I took AAMC3 as my diagnostic and I scoe 17 on it. After a little over month of content review, I took TPR1 and got 20 with a 4 on VR. In retrospect, I think the AAMC3 was somewhat easier than TPR1. You should take AAMC3, which is free to see how you do on it. From that you might know how much you have to study to increase your score to 4+ points. I think it's realistic to have an improvement of 4+ points in a month.

alexrgross

7+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2010
los angeles, california
Status
Pre-Medical
Review those topics that you are weak in, and take maybe 2 CBTs per week and you can see at least 4 points improvement.

SoulinNeed

7+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2009
Status
Medical Student
TPR is a terrible indicator for the AAMC exams. You'll do way better on those, trust me.