4 waitlists. Losing Hope!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Welker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so yeah, this is my second time applying and I'm sittin on 4 waitlists right now...
just feeling like no matter what I do, how many letters I write, I just don't have what it takes :(
and the worst thing is, I felt like most of these interviews went really well. sigh.

Members don't see this ad.

Theres nothing left but hope.

You wanna lose that too?

Believe in yourself.
How will your patients trust you with their lives?

And dont just sit there and pray... do stuff.
Letters, Calls... whatever you can think of.
be (extremely/more) proactive.

all the best.

so yeah, this is my second time applying and I'm sittin on 4 waitlists right now...
just feeling like no matter what I do, how many letters I write, I just don't have what it takes :(
and the worst thing is, I felt like most of these interviews went really well. sigh.

Have you thought about Tulane's Anatomy Certification Program?

You sound like a great candidate. If I am fortunate enough to get wait-listed (and don't get in) that is the route I hope to take.

"What are the qualifications for the program? The sole criterion for applying to the program is that the applicant MUST be wait-listed to an accredited U.S. medical school. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!"

"What is the success rate of the program? To date, over 90% of the students have completed the program have been accepted to an accredited U.S. medical school. The great majority of these will join the next year’s class at Tulane School of Medicine."

Oh, and another good thing about the program is it isn't just a waste of $40,000. Many medical schools will accept transfer of the anatomy credits.

http://www.som.tulane.edu/scb/acpinfo.htm

Members don't see this ad :)

+pity+ will not help......

call the schools and see where you are possibly on the WL.....

then, keep working.....:thumbup:

We can't do much but give you sympathy without more details of your application, timing, LORs, schools applied to, etc. if you care to share.

thanks for the sympathy. I'm more just on here to rant, I know nobody can really help.

there are some people on here that are extremely experienced in the application process. i'm sure you're not the only one to have been in this situation, it might be best to share your app.