4 years - it can happen!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A lot of times people sugar coat things and wish others the best without really meaning it. Including myself, including everyone. I'm not blowing any smoke here though, I'm hoping for your utmost success in dentistry my man. Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

WOW!!!!! simply amazing. I am having a tough semester and I have gotten goose bumps reading your story. Thank you so much for sharing your journey to dental school and I hope your story inspires more people in this world. This is officially the most inspiring, best post on SDN. Thanks again, hope for the best of luck to you and your family through your next journey through dental school. God Bless.....

You truly deserve all of the good things in life. Congrats on getting accepted and thanks for sharing your story.

Members don't see this ad :)
u r 'THE' INSPIRATION..... congratulations! if i ever ever run into u.... i m takin ur autograph for sure. and can i take your story and use it for school purposes... as an inspiration for students??

and after becoming a dentist.... u should start councelling/advising as your part time hobby/job.

truly amazing!!

-masksof2004

WOW I'm brand new to all of this and know I wont and cant give up. YOU Truly INSPIRE ME. Congrats on your new addition to your family I wish you all great success!

u r 'THE' INSPIRATION..... congratulations! if i ever ever run into u.... i m takin ur autograph for sure. and can i take your story and use it for school purposes... as an inspiration for students??

and after becoming a dentist.... u should start councelling/advising as your part time hobby/job.

truly amazing!!

-masksof2004

Thank you! I don't know about the autograph - you can have it if you want, but there is really nothing extraordinary about me. I have faced a few challenges and done what anyone with a little bit of determination would do. The person who is amazing is my wife. She has been a real trooper through this whole process. She has been my rock! She is the one who should be signing autographs (but she is too busy to do that, since we have three kids that keep her running :)).

If you want to use this story for school purposes, feel free. I have no problem with that. Let me know if you would like any other details. If you decide to contact me, I will have a fair amount of time between now and mid-january, but I will be getting really busy after that (coaching, thesis, and family).

About the counseling/advising, I enjoy helping people, so I may consider it. If there comes a time when I truly feel that people could benefit from me pursuing that, then I likely will. Right now, I don't really see how I can provide much service. I once thought of writing a book, but that would require a huge investment for me and my family (time and finances - two things I lack), and I don't know what purpose it would serve. If I could know that it would benefit someone, then I might consider it more seriously. I am starting to ramble, so I will stop now.

Thank you all for your kind words. It is refreshing and humbling to hear that people have been inspired and/or helped in one way or another by my story. The funny thing is that I don't feel any different than any one of you. I am a poor, college student that is just trying my best to pursue my dreams. Life has been good to me. God Bless each of you!

Last edited:
Congrats!!!!!! i also know 2 other people who applied 3-4 times, and finally got it. I believe they improved their DAT and showed mature and motivated they are.

that is just simply outstanding to beat cancer and get into dental school. congratulations

You give me motivation! Congrats!