45th edition of the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Correction to Colegeboy's stat for UNLV on the PAT. All the stats for UNLV were correct, except for the PAT. You put 18.78, but it was actually 18.87. I have the sheet here with the stats for 2006 that they gave us at the interview. Great posts though!

Members don't see this ad.

thanks collegeboy

Could I bother you Collegeboy for the stats on Colorado and BU? thanks a lot, great post!

Members don't see this ad :)
So is this jump a reflection of the test getting easier or just more smart people choosing dentistry. I think the test may have gotten easier because the GPA's don't seem to have jumped along with the DATs

edit: actually most of the GPA's have jumped by .1 or .2 only a few seem to have gone down. I guess the profession is looking smarter.

What were the numbers for the University of Mississippi (UMC)? They were 17.8 DAT and 3.56 GPA last year. I'm curious to see how much they've jumped this cycle.

So is this jump a reflection of the test getting easier or just more smart people choosing dentistry. I think the test may have gotten easier because the GPA's don't seem to have jumped along with the DATs

edit: actually most of the GPA's have jumped by .1 or .2 only a few seem to have gone down. I guess the profession is looking smarter.

You're wrong, my friend. Test isn't getting any easier. I heard that the test is actually getting harder and harder, and since they won't let you use scratch paper, and you have to deal with whiteboards and markers. It seems to be tougher than before and yet, the DAT average seems to get higher and higher... :mad:

Highest Academic average for the 2006 entering class : Harvard, 24.4
2nd-Highest " ": Columbia, 22.16
3rd-Highest " ": UCLA, 22

Wow, go Harvard! Bastards. I'm sure if we took 28 or our best students, we'd out do the big H.

Wow, go Harvard! Bastards. I'm sure if we took 28 or our best students, we'd out do the big H.

Don't look at just AA
#1)
.............AA......TS.....PAT....Overall GPA...SCI GPA
Columbia 22.16..???.....19.06..3.49.............3.44
UCLA......22......22......20......3.65.............3.60

#2)
Class Size:
Harvard has 35 students
Columbia has 75 student
UCLA has 88 students

Colorado AA=19.6 PAT=19.6 GPA overall 3.71 SCI. GPA 3.66

University of Mississippi AA=17.4 PAT=16.9 GPA overall 3.63 SCI. GPA 3.55

Boston University AA=20 PAT=20 GPA overall 3.23 SCI. GPA 3.11

Tufts University AA=19 PAT=18.1 GPA overall 3.41 SCI. GPA 3.33

Correction to Colegeboy's stat for UNLV on the PAT. All the stats for UNLV were correct, except for the PAT. You put 18.78, but it was actually 18.87.

The numbers that I post , are the numbers reported to ADEA by every dental school.

Also there is a NEW dental school opening Fall 2008 with 100 students.
Its name, "Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine" located in Glendale, Arizona
Total including Tuition($210,683) and fees($38,792) is $249,475. [Same price for residents and non-residents]

What about UT-Memphis? What did they look like this year?

You're wrong, my friend. Test isn't getting any easier. I heard that the test is actually getting harder and harder, and since they won't let you use scratch paper, and you have to deal with whiteboards and markers. It seems to be tougher than before and yet, the DAT average seems to get higher and higher... :mad:

From what I hear, they only recently switched to the dry erase board format. It will take a while before we see how that has effected DAT scores. Probably by this time in two years because it mostly effects those of us applying this May.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to see University of Minnesota and Virginia Commonwealth U. Thanks.

Also there is a NEW dental school opening Fall 2008 with 100 students.
Its name, "Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine" located in Glendale, Arizona
Total including Tuition($210,683) and fees($38,792) is $249,475. [Same price for residents and non-residents]

WOW, looks like the big Northeastern boys have a new competitor when it comes to outrageous tuition!!!

Edit: Also USC and UoP :p

WOW, looks like the big Northeastern boys have a new competitor when it comes to outrageous tuition!!!

Edit: Also USC and UoP :p

Dude.. no one beats USC's "principal + interest for 30 year payment = 1.1 million"

What about The Ohio State Univeristy?

University of Minnesota AA=19.4 PAT=19.1 GPA overall 3.63 SCI. GPA 3.57

UCSF AA=20.6 PAT=19.2 GPA overall 3.61 SCI. GPA 3.57

USC AA=20 PAT=19 GPA overall 3.47 SCI. GPA 3.37

The Ohio State University AA=18.98 PAT=18.98 GPA overall 3.52 SCI. GPA 3.39

Virginia Commonwealth U. AA=19 PAT=18 GPA overall 3.36 SCI. GPA 3.25

University of Washington AA=21.22 PAT=20.33 GPA overall 3.45 SCI. GPA 3.46

UT-Memphis AA=18 PAT=18 GPA overall 3.45 SCI. GPA 3.36

How about:

ASDOH
UMDNJ
UCONN
Creighton
Detroit Mercy

Been hearing a lot about these schools and just interested. Thank you.:thumbup:

Why not post all schools stats. You might as well.

How about:

ASDOH
UMDNJ
UCONN
Creighton
Detroit Mercy

Been hearing a lot about these schools and just interested. Thank you.:thumbup:

how about NO! :laugh::laugh:
-dude you stood me up! I thought we were going to get coffeeee and be friends?

Hey big Don, quit fibbing. You know that one time or the other, Quackie will know who you are. Thanks for the coffee by the way.

how about NO! :laugh::laugh:
-dude you stood me up! I thought we were going to get coffeeee and be friends?

I guess they're pretty much all posted, except for a few schools. Thanks to Collegeboy. He's the best.

Why not post all schools stats. You might as well.

How about Howard and Meharry? thanx:)

all these mid-western schools, but no Indiana???
c'mon~~ show me some love~

collegeboy ... Indiana plz :D

Speaking of midwest schools, what about Marquette? Thanks

Later on today I will post the stats of the requested schools.

People ....pleeese! It is not his job to post stats for you. Stop asking!
Hey....can you post the the number of people for each ethnic group entering UNC, I just want to see how diverse we are. Thanks! :D:D

I just got the book today...
Indiana: 18.74 18.46 3.52 3.44
Meharry: 16 15 3.1 2.9
Iowa: 19 18 3.7 3.63
ASDOH (arizona): 18.59 18.13 3.46 3.21
UMDNJ: 19.28 17.58 3.47 3.4
UCONN: 20 18.3 3.57 3.5
Creighton: 18.92 19.07 3.53 3.42
Detroit Mercy: 19 18 3.54 3.51

all these numbers are AA, PAT, Overall GPA, then Sci GPA

hope this helps

Does the "Guide" state how many Canadian/International students Nova accepted?

I know from predents that a certain international student with impressive stats (and acceptances at a number of other credible institutions, not that all dental schools aren't credible..) was waitlisted with less qualified students (on paper, mind you) recieving acceptances.

I realize there is more to an acceptance than the stats presented on predents.com but it seems to me that Nova is not all that interested in Canadian or International students.

Does the "Guide" state how many Canadian/International students Nova accepted?

I know from predents that a certain international student with impressive stats (and acceptances at a number of other credible institutions, not that all dental schools aren't credible..) was waitlisted with less qualified students (on paper, mind you) recieving acceptances.

I realize there is more to an acceptance than the stats presented on predents.com but it seems to me that Nova is not all that interested in Canadian or International students.
Nova took 1 intl and 2 canadain in 2006, but I don't know if that is the limit?

I heard from my school's advisement center that there might be a school opening up in Florida as well for 2008. Does anyone know about this???

Thanks!

Sounds like they didnt know what they were talking about :/

can someone plz post the texas schools? thanks

Man, did we all forget why I made PreDents.com??? hehe

Send me all the data and I'll update my website. You can just scan the pages with all the info and email them to me from PreDents.com.

No more hundred post threads asking for individual schools.

I have a similar post asking someone to help me out and send me the book or pages/info.

Thanks!

Man, did we all forget why I made PreDents.com??? hehe

Send me all the data and I'll update my website. You can just scan the pages with all the info and email them to me from PreDents.com.

No more hundred post threads asking for individual schools.

I have a similar post asking someone to help me out and send me the book or pages/info.

Thanks!

OH MY GAWD!!!!!
so we're assuming and upward trend in the 2011 class....
what are the chances of a nice downward trend for the class of 2012