1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

498 on AAMC FL #1...testing June 29!

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Bluestepel, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Bluestepel

Pre-Medical
    I just did this today. I am really upset. I started the Kap Live Online class in January and because I was also taking a full load of classes this past semester I couldn't devote full time to it but at the beginning of May I began to focus exclusively on the test. The highest I've scored was a 500 on a Next Step test. The rest were all Kaplan and then this AAMC test. I just want to get into DO school; please any advice about when to reschedule and if I can even still apply this year?

Also, I have been doing the QPacks slowly for the info and just started Section Bank. I also review my practice exams so what more than that can I do? I feel like when I read the science passages I just don't understand what they are saying. I get things wrong because I either didn't have the content knowledge or I misinterpret the question.

What's the best way to improve? I just can't bear the thought of slogging through those Kaplan chapters...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Blanky

Medical Student (Accepted)
    You need to invest more time AND more time per day. If you cannot study for 4-5 hours MINIMUM per day from now until test day... Stop now and reschedule.

You need to sit down and knock out an entire qpack and then review EACH question for a couple minutes and think about how the question was set up and the easiest way to come to the answer/ set up the formula.

You need to time yourself on the cars passages and you need to be able to score 80-90% on the qpacks.
    Download Anki and find “premed95” anki deck on reddit and do the PS sections EVERYDAY.

Review at LEAST the CP BB and learn from each question, then head to PS and learn the question, learn about the correct answer and WHY its correct and look up all the terms for the wrong answers that you dont know or are iffy on material.

Then fight your way through the section banks, and understand they are tricky for everyone but will teach you to think and challenge you. Hopefully on a second pass you will do much better.

Now you might be ready for FL2.

#2 Blanky, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Bluestepel likes this.
  4. Bluestepel

Pre-Medical
    All awesome advice, thank you! I will do all of it and fingers crossed I won't have to keep kicking the can down the road from my July 24 rescheduled date.

5. Bluestepel

Pre-Medical

But a quick clarification:

Go through the Qpack all at once timed and then review or do like one passage then review, review each discrete right after you answer, etc.?

So do Qpacks, then Anki for PS, THEN after finishing Qpack do Section Bank timed or again one passage at a time then review? When you say you I need to be scoring at least 80%, does that count if I go through it for several passes? I mean, if I have seen the questions before I should know how to do them so wouldn't that sort of skew my results? Thanks!