4th time taking MCAT in < 4 weeks!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wsknight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm very concerned about the upcoming MCAT in March now that I only have less than a month left.
I actually signed up yesterday right after receiving my January score, which was no better than the previous 2 attempts (the one I'm taking in March will be the 4th try...sigh.....)
My GPA is mediocre, so I absolutely need to do well on MCAT to increase my chances of MD acceptances.

I'll go back and do a brief content review and re-do AAMC practice tests,
but I feel like I'm missing something.
When I did the practice exams to prep for January exam, I got ~35 on them,
but then when I sat down for the real exam, it seemed infinitely harder, and was nothing like the practice exams

I'm having an especially difficult time with VR.
If I could just pull at least a 10, I think I'll be able to get a decent score.
Maybe it has to do with English being a 2nd language for me, and also that I don't read unless I have to.
I've been reading The Economist in the past couple months, but I'm not sure if it's helping a whole lot.

On the real MCATs, I've been getting ~12 on PS and ~11 on BS.
I'm hoping that I can make an improvement in these sections as well,
but VR is the one that's really giving me a lot of trouble.

I'm hoping that this is the last time I have to take the MCAT, and I'm so desperate to get a good score.
Could you guys give me any tips or advice on how to prep for the real MCAT, esp the VR section?
I would greatly appreciate any help!

Members don't see this ad.