• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

VALSALVA

**** or get off the pot
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
1. You can apply anywhere you want (with no guarantee of success).
2. Typically you can do any rotation you want. Each school has different 4th year requirements, however. Only COMP would have specific information for you.

Quakkilla

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
From what I know it is largely dependent on the hospital. I have heard there are places that won't let DO students rotate but don't know of any. Go to the residency web pages, it usually explains the process for Sub-I's. Look at the links below, you can find tons of info on the programs websites.

www.scutwork.com

http://www.ama-assn.org/vapp/freida/srch/

About the Ads

VALSALVA

**** or get off the pot
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
For sure I know that University of Maryland and Creighton won't allow DO students to do visiting rotations. I'm sure there are others, but the vast majority have no problem with it.

smgilles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2002
Rochester, MN
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
For sure I know that University of Maryland and Creighton won't allow DO students to do visiting rotations. I'm sure there are others, but the vast majority have no problem with it.

Add U. of Iowa to that list.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.