4th Year International Electives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southerndoc

life is good
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing an international medicine rotation in London, South Africa, or Russia.

Has anyone had any experience or know of anyone whom I can contact for information? I'm familiar with hospitals in London (I spent some time there during undergrad), but I'm completely unfamiliar with South African or Russian hospitals.

AMSA has a few hospitals listed, but I've yet to find anyone who has done a rotation at any of them. My school has affiliation agreements with hospitals in London and St. Petersburg, Russia, but nobody has taken advantage of this yet (most go to Japan to do their international rotation). I don't want to sign up for a rotation there if it's a bad rotation.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am also very interested in this and asked a similar question about Away Rotations or International Electives overseas, so I'm bumping this back to the top of the forum. Anyone with information about this or who had done it in the past, please share your experiences (how long did you have to plan? If you wanted to go to an area that was not listed, was it possible? What was the red tape you had to get through? etc.) Thanks. :)