4th Year rotation in Israel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried to get a 4th year rotation in Israel, and if so - any advice on where to start?? I've started emailing people over there, but if there's a better way I'd love to hear it!
Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe see if there are any interns/residents at your school from Israel?

Do you speak Hebrew? Although the national languages are Hebrew, English and Arabic, I am pretty sure Hebrew University teaches most classes in Hebrew. Although I was able to find some class taught in English and most people speak all three languages so its easy to communicate.

If you haven't already, check out their website. I am sure you can find some good contact info, etc. http://ksvm.agri.huji.ac.il/en/about.php. There is a US office that coordinates international (US student) stuff in New York that you could contact too that will probably be able to help you get in contact with the right people (I have that info somewhere. give me a day or so and I'll find it for you)

I spent a semester at Hebrew U and absolutely loved it! I definitely recommend trying to do an internship there. Israel is an amazing country. Let me know if you have any other general questions as you make your plans.

Members don't see this ad :)
mbee - this is the contact information for the new york office

E-mail: [email protected]
Office of Academic Affairs
One Battery Park Plaza, 25th Floor
New York, NY 10004
Tel: 1-800-404-8622 or 212-607-8520
Fax: 212-809-4183

I think this may be the contact for The Rothberg International School at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem and not the entire uni but they may be able to lead you in the right direction. Sorry I do not have anymore helpful info.

thanatomania - I chose to study in Israel to learn a foreign language. I did not go to take classes related to my field of study and I will not start veterinary school until this fall. So, I can not compare the clinics in Israel to the US.

I know the Hebrew U campus in Rohovot has a very interesting experiment dealing with cattle and the effects of heat stroke. Hebrew U is an amazing university. I was thoroughly impressed with the campus, administration, professors, students and the classes I took while there. I am sure mbee would benefit from studying at the Koret School of Vet Med and greatly enjoy Israel, the culture, and all the amazing places to visit.:D

MBEE-
I'm actually planning on practicing in Israel and am also hoping to do some of my 4th-year rotations there. Have you found out anything else? I've been in touch with folks at Koret, but they pretty much said that when I'm ready to come, I'm welcome, but other than that, not much to prep for (I'm still in year 2) :)

OMG!! why does is take me FOREVER to reply to these things?? so sorry for the delay :( it was a VERY busy end of semester and summer...
To answer some questions - yes, I speak Hebrew. I lived in Israel for 15 years and am very familiar with the country. My parents still live there... I'm here in the US for my vet studies. Not sure if I want to go back after school to work yet. I'm keeping an open mind.
Second, I actually managed to use some contacts at the U of I to get in touch with a vet in Israel. She sent me an externship application, that I have yet to fill out... I'm still debating if I want to go, but I probably will in the end.
To all those who are interesting, let me know and I'll be more than happy to forward any info I have!! I promise to check here more often :oops:

Thanks for all the wonderful responses, I appreciate your help!!