KapS86

10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys,

I am having a change of heart about EM, my initial choice, and planning on applying for medicine now.

I have a 3rd year Peds letter and a 3rd year letter from the Chair of Medicine from my 3rd year site. I did 3 medicine rotations, HS HS and Honors. The earliest 4th year medicine rotation I can do is in October and the letter wont be in till mid November at the earliest. I was wondering what my chances are since i will only have the letters above plus a departmental letter from my school.

Step 1 and Step 2: 240+

Any advice would be appreciated.

LoudBark

7+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey guys,

I am having a change of heart about EM, my initial choice, and planning on applying for medicine now.

I have a 3rd year Peds letter and a 3rd year letter from the Chair of Medicine from my 3rd year site. I did 3 medicine rotations, HS HS and Honors. The earliest 4th year medicine rotation I can do is in October and the letter wont be in till mid November at the earliest. I was wondering what my chances are since i will only have the letters above plus a departmental letter from my school.

What are my chances???????

You are likely destined for a community program somewhere in rural Montana..........after you don't match and scramble for a spot. Then you will be lucky if you are able to even match in a nephrology fellowship after finishing residency.

Reactions: 1 user

IMPD

5+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
I am ambivalent about Jim Carrey. Sometimes I think he's brilliant and other times I think he's an idiot.

I'm less ambivalent about the OP, however. Assuming the OP is an AMG, s/he will be fine. Apply to mid-tier and upper programs.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

KapS86

10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys,

I am an american medical student. My question was in regards to the LORs that I currently have. I wanted to know if having a PEDs or Fam medicine letter as my second letter until my October letter is submitted (sometime in November) would be looked down on.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads