4th yr Elective Rotations... When Did you hear?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EctopicFetus

Keeping it funky enough
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to two programs and I am hoping to start June 20th. Im curious for those of you who did away rotations when the programs told you that you were accepted.

Regards,
Ectopic

Members don't see this ad.

programs have just made it through the many-month ordeal that is interviews and match...hang on a month or so. Many schools will wait until their own students have all been placed then open remaining spots to visiting students. If you haven't heard anything by the end of april I'd give them a call to find out where you stand.

Thanks sounds reasonable. The only reason I asked was because I already have my # 2 elective set up at Cook County (which will be in Sept). Thats why I was wondering about the rest.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I scheduled my August of 4th year rotation around Feb of 3rd year, and the November rotation of 4th year during May of 3rd year. Call the Residency Coordinators and they'll be able to tell you exactly when.

Q

EctopicFetus said:
Thanks sounds reasonable. The only reason I asked was because I already have my # 2 elective set up at Cook County (which will be in Sept). Thats why I was wondering about the rest.

I too am tenativley scheduled to do an away at Cook in September. Did you see they're immunization requirements? they're insane!

Yeah but I did a 3rd yr IM rotation there so I have all my documentation. I think this stuff is real weird since I am not an FMG. I am a US citizen and have gone to school here. I think they do it just to see if we are willing to jump through the hoops.

Lota PM me... I want to ask you some Qs. where do you go to school now?