4th yrs interviewing @ Louisville in Surgery?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

droliver

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any 4th year students interviewing for general surgery who are coming to visit Louisville around?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry that this is not really what you were asking for, but I have a question.

I realize that you're a surgery resident, but do you have much contact with other residency programs at UofL? I'm currently considering surgery and OB/GYN and was wondering if you thought the OB residents think as much of their program there as you do of the surgery program. Also, what percentage of the folks there are natives of Kentucky?

Thanks, I was just wondering.

I have had nothing but great experiences with the OBGYN residents when we have to work together. It's a good & smart group of girls/guy in their program. I think that like most places for OBGYN, they have to struggle a bit to get adequate case #'s for their operative GYN & GYN-oncology cases (this is true of almost all programs now I understand, with very few elective hysterectomies done anymore). I think they have a new chairman lined up as well which should continue the improvements in the program that they have been making

Just my impressions mind you
:)